Worst tv advert?

Soldato
Idris Elba’s constant Sky commercials are driving me nuts, I think that he’s a great actor, Luther was an exciting series, and his portrayal of Stringer Bell in “The Wire” was excellent.
We have a Sky subscription, just basic I guess, no sport or movies, not interested in sport, although I watched MLB on Channel 5 until they stopped showing it, and I don’t have the attention span for films, unless they’re classics like Casablanca, or Midnight Cowboy, but Elba’s ads are prompting me to pull the plug on Sky, won’t happen though, the enemy likes too much on Sky Atlantic.

Ditto. I know, they are unbearable. He's gone from Stringer Bell, to Stringer Bell-end in my eyes.

Soldato
Impacts: one impact is one person of the target audience seeing an ad. These impacts are added up to give, in this case, the total number of impacts for an ad campaign. A total of 10 impacts, for example, could be achieved in a number of ways: by ten people viewing a single commercial; by one person seeing the commercial ten times; by five people seeing the commercial twice and so on.
week 16, April 19 - 25

Rank
Advert Impacts ('000)
1 Ccs coronavirus 183,165
2 Comparethemarket.com autosergei 168,034
3 Justeat.co.uk 164,710
4 Vinted.com secondhand clothing 148,654
5 Postcode lottery 134,263
6 Dfs furniture 115,377
7 Moonpig.com 112,713
8 Nuffield health 110,556
9 Gousto 106,255
10 Deliveroo takeaway delivery 104,138
11 Sky q 98,419
12 Renault zoe 97,531
13 Peloton home exercise bike 95,722
14 Webuyanycar.com 94,886
15 Asda stores 92,379
16 Aviva insurance 91,856
17 Zoopla.co.uk 89,719
18 Pernod ricard beefeater gin 84,663

... full of junk food

Soldato
For me:
. Sum Up mobile phone payment device. With the OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOs
. Dominos yodeling advert
. Beelivery - how stupid are people to put empty milk bottle and butter pot back in the fridge.

Then one of the worst during the lockdowns was the Cazoo advert where man gets swallowed by his sofa to be spat out again when car arrives.

Soldato
I dont know about England and the rest of the UK but in Wales we have these GoCompare adverts with a Welsh singer that are just so annoying

I always mute the adverts these days though, i hate them in general.

If you added up the amount of time you watches adverts it would be a lot of time wasted

Soldato
I dont know about England and the rest of the UK but in Wales we have these GoCompare adverts with a Welsh singer that are just so annoying

I always mute the adverts these days though, i hate them in general.

If you added up the amount of time you watches adverts it would be a lot of time wasted
I usually watch most programmes either recorded and skip the ads or download it from the various catch up services.

An hour’s show is actually 52 mins. Watch 10 a week. In a year, those 8 mins saved per show means you can watch 3.5 seasons of a US drama (22-23 episodes) in the time wasted by adverts

fez

fez

Caporegime
This is up there with the worst for me in a long, long time.

I feel like its something the insta/tiktok yoot will love though and I think its them that its aimed at. You are right though. Utterly awful and cringeworthy.

The coke "Oooooh" advert with the dancing is god awful as well.

The idea that its a good advert if it sticks in your head baffles me as well. Perhaps I'm in the minority but if I really hate your advert I will go out of my way not to use you as a business or give you my money. They know what they are doing with these adverts and I am not going to encourage them by rewarding them with my business.

Same for youtubers who pretty much all eventually fall into the pattern of:

over advertising (3rd party adverts, in video sponsorship messages, patreon, like, comment and subscribe)
Unrelated thumbnails and titles
Clickbait titles like "You will never guess what happened next"

I understand the desire to make money but there comes a point where your content isn't worth the **** that I have to put up with to see it.

Man of Honour
That ad for Loaf sofas, the voice over makes me proud of my working class South London accent.
“Loaf sofas are best enjoyed with a mug of tea and a jolly nice piece of cake”, BARF, BARF!

Back
Top Bottom