• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

Would you remap a lease vehicle?

Soldato
My work van is dog slow thanks to some eco garbage engine, it's lease is up in 12 months but it's doing my head in, it's ok so long as you can keep it wound up but if you have to drop down to 55 when a wagon pulls out, for instance, then you have to pull in behind it to let all other cars past because it's flatter than a witches tit and takes forever to get back up to warp speed.

It's a 14 plate Transit Connect LWB that's done 71k miles, 1.6 95bhp, I think a remap will take it up to about 130-140 ish.

Caporegime
I often find I out drag those Transit type things on motorway hills, despite my rather paltry 10bhp/ton! :p - I do see where your coming from OP!

In answer to your question though, no,don't mess with it, your asking for trouble doing that.

A radical suggestion would be to use the outside lane on motorways, hgv's can't. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Having been looking around on various Forums about remap's as I'm going to get my ST done soon I find it shocking seeing so many threads from people asking about remap's on leased or company cars :eek:.
I find it hard faced that people would tamper with something they basically don't own.
Seems like the majority of these people don't want to tell the insurance either which is basically like driving round uninsured as they would void the insurance in the case of a crash as most remap's are easily traceable

Soldato
OP
I don't have anywhere to keep one so not really an option.

Anyway, after some reading it seems they remove loads of stuff for remapping this engine, like the EGR, DPF and a few other things that make it not worthwhile. TBH the gains aren't great so it's a bit disappointing all round.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having been looking around on various Forums about remap's as I'm going to get my ST done soon I find it shocking seeing so many threads from people asking about remap's on leased or company cars :eek:.
I find it hard faced that people would tamper with something they basically don't own.
Seems like the majority of these people don't want to tell the insurance either which is basically like driving round uninsured as they would void the insurance in the case of a crash as most remap's are easily traceable

Unless you use a DTUK box.

Soldato
I don't have anywhere to keep one so not really an option.

Anyway, after some reading it seems they remove loads of stuff for remapping this engine, like the EGR, DPF and a few other things that make it not worthwhile. TBH the gains aren't great so it's a bit disappointing all round.

Use a DTUK box....

Back
Top Bottom