• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow, Nvidia have banned Hardware Unboxed from receiving review samples...

Caporegime
OP
Hmm, what are the odds that Nvidia reverse this decision in the face of the PC community backlash, publicity from tech sites and the resulting bad PR? I'd say it's not too far-fetched...

Whilst leaning towards amd for my next gpu I would have considered nvidia if supply stabilised first but after this... Nah team green will get a miss from me

I wouldn't go this far. Pretty much all tech hardware companies do douchebaggy things at some point.

Associate
Now and again nVidia show their true colours, and this is such an occasion. When's the last time you heard of AMD doing this? Ever??

To be fair they did do it to Jay a few years back.

BUT

I wouldn't be surprised if Jay was spoken to by nvidia after the contrast between his 6800xt review and his 6900xt review. They weren't in the same style or tone at all

Associate
Guess Gamers Nexus will also follow, since they don't focus on RT that much either. Rasterization isn't subjective compared to the way RT is. I've chosen to go all AMD for my new build because as nice as RT looks when it works and it doesn't "just work" its extremely gimmicky and selective of what it actually RT's and some of which is barely noticeable couple with it being extremely expensive for something that hasn't fully matured I'm not that interested in something that is ridiculously expensive.

Paying over £1000 for a graphics card is borderline insane which is the point a lot of reviewers are making and I doubt nvidia are the only ones unhappy with that statement.
welcome to 2020 / 21

Associate
Hmm, what are the odds that Nvidia reverse this decision in the face of the PC community backlash, publicity from tech sites and the resulting bad PR? I'd say it's not too far-fetched...

I wouldn't go this far. Pretty much all tech hardware companies do douchebaggy things at some point.

For me it's a cumulative issue. Nvidia have done too many scummy things over the years which this adds to. I don't see how HUB can be considered biased, they clearly and have multiple times just said they see rasterisation as more important

Permabanned
Paying over £1000 for a graphics card is borderline insane which is the point a lot of reviewers are making and I doubt nvidia are the only ones unhappy with that statement.

What I don't understand is why people are getting so hysterical about buying one that they are completely losing the plot. The Scalpers wouldn't sell them at these insane prices if there wasn't a good supply of idiots prepared to buy them. Graphics cards are expensive enough without this. Sure, there are a lot of people frustrated out there, but to pay substantially more than the rrp is just stupidity. The cards are not that good. Sure they are good, sure they are a better than the average incremental rise in processing from NVIDIA, but they are not crazy must have will sell my car, house and kids to buy one good. People seem to be expecting huge performance increases even coming from a 2080ti.
I mean people have spent the last four or five years faced with shortages and insane price increases, and now they stab themselves in the brain and create their own shortages and price increases. It's just crazy.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Smells like Nvidia are worried. I wonder why that would be.

Someone there mentioned that Linus reasoning for testing DLSS and RT is that it is here and people are using it. Does that mean that every game should be tested at 75% resolution with Radeon Image sharpening because it is here and people are using it?

I'd rather these reviewers did do a proper job and show such detail. I'd like to know what offers the better IQ without doing all the research myself.

Caporegime
how are they being silenced? They just wont be receiving FE editions gratis...free..for nothing to test. So perhaps a little less hyperbole :rolleyes:

So you're clearly Nvidia biased lol.
Them not receiving FE means they're not reviewing on day one and as such they've been silenced by Nvidia.

AIB reviews will naturally get less exposure because people want to know the GPU core performance primarily.

Associate
So you're clearly Nvidia biased lol.
Them not receiving FE means they're not reviewing on day one and as such they've been silenced by Nvidia.

AIB reviews will naturally get less exposure because people want to know the GPU core performance primarily.
I'm not biased either way, I tried buying both Nvidia and AMD this launch and was routing for AMD to wipe the floor with Nvidia as they had the hardware -- if only they'd had the stock. I simply do not subscribe to the "OMG the sky is falling - they're being silenced, think of the children, won't somebody please think of the children!!" claptrap in some of this thread. No-one is preventing them from reviewing anything, they will have to do the same as a multitude of other channels that aren't on the AMD/Nvidia friends list and buy or borrow the cards, boo-fricking hoo.

Associate
Hardware unboxed : "We will not be testing this card with DLSS, or any RT features. This is because we got an flaming AMD dingo in the back, and he payed us not toooooooo."

Nvidia: "Oh you are off the future FE priority review list"

Hardware unboxed : "Oh bugger me with a fish pole I didn't expect that....this is not faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiirrrrrrrr"

Caporegime
how are they being silenced? They just wont be receiving FE editions gratis...free..for nothing to test. So perhaps a little less hyperbole :rolleyes:
Technically, they are being silenced, as tech enthusiasts want to see reviews from the moment the NDA is lifted and if you are not getting a review sample, you have nothing to show and will have to wait like the rest of us, which in PC circles, nobody will watch a review after the event in reality.

A shame, as I do like HU.

Associate
Sure ae some hot takes in this thread about HWUB being AMD biased.

They destroyed amd in the 6900xt review and have blasted them repeatedly over the msrp fiasco.

Back
Top Bottom