WoW → Re-roll → EU Ravencrest (PvP) → Bans Hammer

Associate
OP
New GM for Bans Hammer - DB

New Guild Ownership
On Friday 30 September I (Zháan) took ownership of Bans Hammer - DB in the vein hope that the guild can get back on track. I've not gone about this to cause a ruckus, nor have I done this for any other reason that seeing things get back to normal. Indié and the previous GMs have run the guild well and helped it to progress into the level 25 guild that it is today, however unfortunately the state of the guild has decline rapidly in the recent months and I have to hope that what we do now won't be a case of 'too little, too late'.

So what is going to happen from here?
Well it seems we have a large number of inactive players throughout all the current ranks of the guild. Which is a shame, but all things considered is understandable. To get a clear picture of who is still about and who still would like to play I will make some roll-calls. I will retag all raiders and trial raiders to socialites while the roll call is happening. Once we're sorted these can be reapplied as needed.

Edit: Please note demotions are only on the website, everyone remains the same rank in-game :).

New Rolls
I will also be recruiting for the following roles:

Second in Command/Doombringer/Wingman or woman
This is essentially a second GM, this position will need someone that is driven and wishes to help get the guild back on it's feet. It also means that should I not be about the guild can continue as needed in terms of promoting/demoting players throughout all ranks from alt upwards.

PvP Master

This position will be for anyone that wishes to be an officer and would like to help form a PvP arm of the guild. The PvP doesn't have to be hardcore and can be casual if that's what guild members would prefer. I'd trust the person in this position to make the call on what they think is best and if they are unsure hop to the officer threads.

Raid Master
Similarly to the PvP Master, the Raid Master would be responsible for sorting out the raiding arm of the guild. It may be that more than one Raid Master is required and if that is the case, no bother we can get that sorted in a flash (I hope). Again the person would be expected to make the decisions that are in the best interest of the raiding team and discuss things in the officer threads as required.

Social Leader
This would be a position for someone that would like to nurture more of the social side of things. Run fun mini events, keep things chatty and generally inject some fun where possible into things. This position can also be used to steer guild achievements.

Previous Officers
For now, until the roll calls are complete all previous officers will be demoted down to a social player. As before positions can be reinstated once roll calls have been completed.

Misc Things
I won't be actively kicking or removing people from the guild, as mentioned above I'll be roll calling to find out just what state we are currently in. From there hopefully we can build the guild back up. Ultimately, as it stands there isn't really much left of the guild and if you are not happy with the fact that I have taken ownership then that's fine by me /gquit is your friend. I don't mean that to come across in an arsey way, but it is what it is and there is still no guarantee that the guild will/can recover.

It's up to us to make this work ... so let's get to it!
The thread can be found here.

Roll Calls
As a result of the GM change and the current state of the guild, roll calls are now under-way. Roll-calls can be found in the News & Announcements thread or by using the following links:

Each list includes your username, characters (if attached to your website account), when you joined and when you were last seen on the website.

If there has been no response by 15th Oct, I will assume you no longer wish to be a member of Bans Hammer and will remove your website tags and in-game permissions accordingly.

If you are interested in remaining, joining, taking on a new role or anything else within one of the Bans Hammer guilds please message me.
You can do so in trust if you wish or via the Bans Hammer website.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a game. You make it sound like a job interview!

People will play when they want to.

Unfortunately that's how many guilds are run.

The other post brings up some questions for me such as were the previous officers even spoken to before being demoted (if they were still active?) Since some players put in the work and don't like sudden leadership/powertrips taking place - It can rock a guild even more than it seems to have been, sometimes causing a split.

And then there's always the posiibility that this new change may go the same way a few months down the line when things don't go to plan.

A GM can always have great intentions but leadership is something else altogether.

But then things may pick up and get better, who knows :cool:

Goodluck.

Associate
OP

Trust me when I say it isn't like that at all, I'm really easy going. I don't want to dictate to the officers that wish to run raiding or pvp, I trust them to run it well. If you think I sound bad you should look at some of the other guilds out there.

So you are re-rolling into the same guild? :confused: a re-roll within a re-roll.... /Inception

Lol, sort of I guess. The main reason for this was that I owned the website and some friends of mine wanted to start afresh on a new realm. With the Defias Brotherhood guild being virtually dead then it seemed like a logical thing to do.

Unfortunately that's how many guilds are run.

The other post brings up some questions for me such as were the previous officers even spoken to before being demoted (if they were still active?) Since some players put in the work and don't like sudden leadership/powertrips taking place - It can rock a guild even more than it seems to have been, sometimes causing a split.

And then there's always the posiibility that this new change may go the same way a few months down the line when things don't go to plan.

A GM can always have great intentions but leadership is something else altogether.

But then things may pick up and get better, who knows :cool:

Goodluck.

There is only 1 other active officer at the moment and due to the decline in the guild (it being pretty much stagnant and inactive across all levels) he too has moved characters back to his previous realm & is happy for me to be GM.

In essence the Defias Brotherhood guild is starting again. The roll calls taking place are just to get a firm view of who is still about. Some folk haven't been about for months and instead of just kicking people I want to give people the chance to still be a part of the guild especially with 4.3 incoming.

Anyone who was a raider previously and/or an officer can still be going forward. In-game no-one has been demoted, just on the website for the purpose of the roll call.

Soldato
Former Recruitment Officer Deadbeat of Ban's Hammer - DB reporting in :p

Hey Bex, just to say thanks - hugely so - for the work you did getting things organised after or last forum admin dissolved into the mist, which you continued to maintain throughout your move to Ireland and of course for stepping up so firmly in the recent turbulence, or lack thereof.

On DB my char is Lexii. GM is Indié but he's been mia for a little while now.
If I'm not about there is habba and deadbeat that should be able to give you an invite.

This, I'm afraid, is unlikely - I've been inactive since I announced it on the guild forums some months ago. In that time, raiding has ground to a halt for a variety of reasons. Since the stuttering in raiding events occurred, one raid officer has transferred his character to another realm, another has dropped off the face of the World (of Warcraft) and the previous GM has, as stated, gone MIA.

As of right now, there is no raiding occurring for Ban's Hammer - DB. With luck, officers of sufficient caliber will be found to get this guild on the go again - there's a well-stocked guild bank ready for use, the myriad benefits of having all those lv25 guild perks and, of course, a slew of guild achievements both inane and useful.

Be that as it may, I'm unlikely to return to such a position on the DB server. I very much enjoyed my time with Ban's Hammer over there, but now that I've taken the opportunity to jump on to a more preferable realm type (RP-PvE, Alliance) I'm more likely to put the effort in to developing my presence there than doing half a job as an officer.

Which brings me nicely to this point - it should read somewhat like a job interview. Particularly for a successful raiding faction in a guild, good leadership is required. There shouldn't really be a place in the officer corps for people who take on the role for a bit of glory without being willing to put the effort in. During its high tide, the Ban's Hammer guild over on DB was very well run - there were as many posts in the hidden officer section of the forum as there were in the whole of the rest of the forum and issues were discussed thoroughly. The other officers and I worked hard to build a reputation as a friendly, welcoming social guild, a succesful raiding squad and a decent, respectable community. Officers have to pull their weight to earn the privileges of rank.

I'm somewhat tempted to start up an arm of Ban's Hammer on Argent Dawn, where I've recently rerolled, but it's only an idle consideration right now. I have a couple of characters just coming to the end of vanilla content and an older character midway through Northrend, plus with an extended hiatus coming up in India it's not the best time to be committing anything right now. In addition, I'd have to liaise with Lexii to see how she feels about the idea and how it could be incorporated into the overarching structure, so it'll likely be a way off yet. Still, interesting consideration - an Alliance PvE server could add a nice variety to the mix :)

Associate
OP
I'm somewhat tempted to start up an arm of Ban's Hammer on Argent Dawn, where I've recently rerolled, but it's only an idle consideration right now. I have a couple of characters just coming to the end of vanilla content and an older character midway through Northrend, plus with an extended hiatus coming up in India it's not the best time to be committing anything right now. In addition, I'd have to liaise with Lexii to see how she feels about the idea and how it could be incorporated into the overarching structure, so it'll likely be a way off yet. Still, interesting consideration - an Alliance PvE server could add a nice variety to the mix :)

Hey hun, that's cool with me if you want to give it a shot. The recent website changes, albeit quite painstaking should have made it easier for implementing additional Bans Hammers into the mix.

As always website permissions would be set so you can have as much control as possible. The forums are essentially one forum so that is the only thing that is/will be restricted to website admins only. However, you'd be given admin control so that wouldn't be an issue for you as I trust you enough to not destroy the whole forum setup *dumdumdummmmmm* :p.

It takes about 24-48hours sometimes for the WoW armory to update new guilds etc but as soon as that's done the site can pull the guild info. This too can take 24 hours but generally it's not too bad.

I've tidied the forums somewhat and archived old threads. I've also created an achievements thread for each guild that pulls the achievement info from wowhead. It needs manually updating but it's still something nice to look at :p. If you wanted a thread like that just copy the bbcode from one of the threads, it'll save you about 4 hours :p.

Back
Top Bottom