• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Wow ..Zotac... Wonder if they offer 6 yr warranty if you purchase 100+ units

Associate
So YouTubing making money, not actually the gaming itself, then... Streaming is advertising and marketing, not actual gaming. Tournaments are borderline gambling and do not present a reliable income stream sufficient to produce a financial forecast for an investment portfolio. :p

Simply burying your head in the sand does not actually change anything.

Can you stream or youtube while gaming without "gaming" GPU? Not really. Or would you like to discuss the inner working of the "mining" and find out that it is not actually mining :D
Mining is borderline printing money out of thin air, and is by far not a sustainable and reliable source of income. Investing in crypto is gambling, and health of your portfolio currently depends on the size Elon's fart, but that is beyond the point.

Simply typing random crap in the comment and trying to sound smart does not actually change anything ;)

Why does everything have to make money?

What about those like me who don't care if my gaming time doesn't make money, that isn't why I game, I don't look at every activity I do and think, "I could be making money now instead of gaming" that thought never crosses my mind, because I don't care. As long as my job pays my bills and leaves me with a little to treat myself then I'm happy and have no desire to constantly look for ways to make more money, because to me gaming is a far better use of my free time as it is something I actually enjoy.

Ssshh, didn't you know, we already established that everyone must produce money every minute of their lives. You go to the toilet, you must crap money, you go to the shop to buy something, you do not spend money, you make money!!! :D

Soldato
Why does everything have to make money?
For the same reasons that gamers are getting upset over a company selling something to other customer types, or over those customer types using it for something other than gaming.

What about those like me who don't care if my gaming time doesn't make money, that isn't why I game, I don't look at every activity I do and think, "I could be making money now instead of gaming" that thought never crosses my mind, because I don't care.
What about you?
You're in the same boat as everyone else - Cards are in short supply and only those who click on the right page at the right time will get the cards.
If you can't land one, then it's tough luck and you'll just have to make do with the previous generation of cards, until the new ones are more plentiful.
Hell, I'm using a 980Ti and have no problems gaming - You don't NEED to have the absolute latest and greatest generation of ultra-powerful graphics cards. Your mental health is not going to explode if you can't get 120FPS in 4K resolution with maxed out RTX.

Can you stream or youtube while gaming without "gaming" GPU? Not really.
Plenty of videos that do exactly that, be they talking heads overlaying stock footage, covering settings pages, or even just displaying static images. I could do that with the on-board graphics of my laptop!

Or would you like to discuss the inner working of the "mining" and find out that it is not actually mining :D
Sure, why not - Go ahead.

Mining is borderline printing money out of thin air, and is by far not a sustainable and reliable source of income.
But it is making money... people wouldn't be buying all the cards and making all the Bitcoins if it wasn't.

Investing in crypto is gambling, and health of your portfolio currently depends on the size Elon's fart, but that is beyond the point.
But you can see what Elon had for breakfast and predict the fart size.
You cannot accurately predict how good your opposition is going to be and whenther you're going to win the game.

Simply typing random crap in the comment and trying to sound smart does not actually change anything ;)
Were that my objective you might have a point, but as stated earlier this isn't the case.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
For the same reasons that gamers are getting upset over a company selling something to other customer types, or over those customer types using it for something other than gaming.

What about you?
You're in the same boat as everyone else - Cards are in short supply and only those who click on the right page at the right time will get the cards.
If you can't land one, then it's tough luck and you'll just have to make do with the previous generation of cards, until the new ones are more plentiful.
Hell, I'm using a 980Ti and have no problems gaming - You don't NEED to have the absolute latest and greatest generation of ultra-powerful graphics cards. Your mental health is not going to explode if you can't get 120FPS in 4K resolution with maxed out RTX.

Eh? It's you that keeps blabbing on about money, which is all I was questioning, I said I like to game as it helps with my mental health, then you start going off an a tangent about how that doesn't make money?!

I know I don't need to have the latest kit to game, I never said I did. I only mentioned my mental health as that is the reason I game, nothing to do with not being able to get the latest tech affecting it.

If the GPU manufacturers want to sell to miners, that's their choice. I personally can't see an end to high prices of GPU's in the long term though, so I'm getting myself out of the desktop PC gaming scene after 20+ years as consoles now offer probably 70-80% of my gaming needs, which suits me fine. I'm hopeful that the last few games that are PC only will eventually make it console too, so I can ditch the desktop and move to just a laptop, which seem less affected by price gouging.

Associate
Plenty of videos that do exactly that, be they talking heads overlaying stock footage, covering settings pages, or even just displaying static images. I could do that with the on-board graphics of my laptop!
Difficulty reading, or just twisting argument your way by adding random out of context words to your sentences? I thought we were talking about gamers not being able to earn money, now you are talking about reviews of the games.

But you can see what Elon had for breakfast and predict the fart size.

If you follow Elon's tweets, you have to admit, that even Elon doesn't know what he will have for breakfast or will think in next 5 minutes. The man's thought process on social media is as random as Wall Street investors :D

You cannot accurately predict how good your opposition is going to be and whenther you're going to win the game.

Can you say for certain, that crypto bubble will NOT burst in next 6 months? Did you know for certain that Bitcoin will increase in value a month before it actually happened? If you are good at certain game, you have good chance to win. If you have a massive farm of GPUs mining, can you be certain that you still be able to mine and make money from crypto 6 months from now?

You act like nothing besides mining can be reliable source of income, yet completely ignore crypto bubble bust few years back, and believe crypto will be viable source of income for years to come.

Soldato
Eh? It's you that keeps blabbing on about money, which is all I was questioning, I said I like to game as it helps with my mental health, then you start going off an a tangent about how that doesn't make money?!
It rolled in with the other points in the earlier posts.

nothing to do with not being able to get the latest tech affecting it.
But that is what the thread is about, and how Zotac selling to one group is preventing another from having it.

Difficulty reading, or just twisting argument your way by adding random out of context words to your sentences? I thought we were talking about gamers not being able to earn money, now you are talking about reviews of the games.
I didn't say reviews. I'm just talking about video content around or involving gaming (including actual gameplay) that does not require a 'gaming' GPU, as you yourself specified.

If you follow Elon's tweets, you have to admit, that even Elon doesn't know what he will have for breakfast or will think in next 5 minutes. The man's thought process on social media is as random as Wall Street investors :D
But once he's actually had it, you can then apply your fart forecasting algorithms.

Can you say for certain, that crypto bubble will NOT burst in next 6 months? Did you know for certain that Bitcoin will increase in value a month before it actually happened?
Yes and no, respectively.

If you are good at certain game, you have good chance to win.
You have a chance... but there are many unpredictable variables, from undiagnosed medical conditions that result in a nerve twitch at the wrong moment, to the other player being that much better, to a system glitch or momentary lag that loses you the match, or just simply that you had Elon's breakfast by mistake and it didn't quite fuel your focus as well as the Red Bull you're used to...

If you have a massive farm of GPUs mining, can you be certain that you still be able to mine and make money from crypto 6 months from now?
Fairly certain, yes.

You act like nothing besides mining can be reliable source of income, yet completely ignore crypto bubble bust few years back, and believe crypto will be viable source of income for years to come.
It burst... and yet it's still here.
How come people are still mining, then? How come it's still around? Did BTC not just breach $50k value?
Markets go up and down, but they are still here. Alternative currencies are nothing new and we're just getting into the digital age.

Caporegime
FFS gamers only want one card (each).

Sodding miners want all the cards (or all the chips).

It's not hard to see who is being screwed over, here.

Soldato
Pretty sure this argument arose last time mining was big when a card was released. 9xx series was it ? Might have been AMD actually R9 2xx series as I bought two R290's that were used for mining and replaced the coolers. Got them for £100 for the two because mining wasnt profitable anymore and replaced the coolers as they were blower types and completely knackered. They worked fine afterwards. Sold one for £150. So technically I made money out of mining ? :D

Soldato
If you can't beat them joint them, I'm always a bit skeptical about money making schemes, but I got into mining and my 3080FE does that 24/7 now, maybe at the weekend I'll turn mining off and play some FS2020 or WoW, but when I'm not gaming it makes sense, if it costs £1.10 a day for me to make £7-£10 a day, it's a no brainer.

Soldato
FFS gamers only want one card (each).
Sodding miners want all the cards (or all the chips).
It's not hard to see who is being screwed over, here.
Most drivers only want one car each, but sodding car collectors want loads of them. How dare they own a car, but not actually use it for driving, eh? I blame Jay Leno.....
Don't even get me started on people that buy mechanics' tools, but use them for things other than fixing cars....!!

Actually, I'm just as bad. I bought a cycling-oriented compact tool kit, but don't even have a bicycle!! :D

Pretty sure this argument arose last time mining was big when a card was released.
And the arguments for/against have not changed.
It's a free world...

Got them for £100 for the two because mining wasnt profitable anymore and replaced the coolers as they were blower types and completely knackered. They worked fine afterwards.
Well there you go, then - Mining not only makes other people money, but it ends up saving you a good 90% or more on the retail price, too - I call that a win for everyone!! :p

If you can't beat them joint them, I'm always a bit skeptical about money making schemes, but I got into mining and my 3080FE does that 24/7 now, maybe at the weekend I'll turn mining off and play some FS2020 or WoW, but when I'm not gaming it makes sense, if it costs £1.10 a day for me to make £7-£10 a day, it's a no brainer.
But.... but..... that's so unfair on all the gamers!! :D

Caporegime
Most drivers only want one car each, but sodding car collectors want loads of them. How dare they own a car, but not actually use it for driving, eh? I blame Jay Leno.....
Is that honestly the best you can do? Risible.

What a tool you are.

e: I suppose I ought to elaborate. The existence of "car collectors" has absolutely no bearing the ability of anyone who needs a car, to buy a car (e.g. a Ford Focus).

The existence of miners buying all the GPUs - across all the price ranges - means many people simply can't buy a GPU in their budget. At all.

The situations are so vastly different that only a complete moron would compare them.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't often take the ****, to be fair, but in this instance I thought I'd give it a go.
That people like you rose to the bait just shows how ridiculous you're being over all this.

What a tool you are.
You're absolutely right - Let us rise up against the miners.
Let us stop people from LEGITIMATELY buying something they're perfectly entitled to, just because we want it instead.
Yeah, that's not tool-like at all, is it...

The whole point of this... essentially trolling, I suppose... is that you lot are getting pissy and spitting your toys out over nothing more than entitlement. You are no more entitled to a graphics card than anyone else. It doesn't matter what they use it for - It's theirs. Nothing to do with you.
They got lucky and hit F5 before you did. No different to losing an eBay auction.

Entitled ******** over there, for example, whining about how his therapist advises him to play computer games, because it's good for his mental health... There are dozens of equally valid things he could be doing that would work just as well. That doesn't mean he is entitled to take a GPU away from someone else who got there first.
Go read a book or something, and wait for stock levels to rise.

e: I suppose I ought to elaborate. The existence of "car collectors" has absolutely no bearing the ability of anyone who needs a car, to buy a car (e.g. a Ford Focus).
Yes, but we're not talking about a Ford Focus level of car here, are we?
This is more like a Mazda RX7 Bathurst, ie limited supply...

The existence of miners buying all the GPUs - across all the price ranges - means many people simply can't buy a GPU in their budget. At all.
I can find a GPU for less than £200, right now on OCUK.
Elsewhere there are a fair few 20-series cards IN STOCK for not much more.

The situations are so vastly different that only a complete moron would compare them.
And yet you ran with it...

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Did people think @ttaskmaster was being serious?

I have no idea. Whatever it was, he seemed to totally misinterpreted what I was saying most of the time.

It made me chuckle at first, because I said I'd rather game than mine crypto.

He then says gaming was a waste of my time because it didn't make money...

I replied saying why I game (to help with mental health), he then went totally off on a tangent and somehow interpreted that I think I'm somehow entitled to a GPU?!?

I never said anything of the sort. In fact I said i'd past caring if miners are buying up all the GPUs as I'm more than happy to give up PC gaming. I'm literally in the process of switching purely to consoles because I no longer enjoy the PC enthusiast hobby. So I popped him on ignore because it was a chore reading the drivel that he kept spouting as it bared no relevance to what I had said.

Associate
What's the stand based on? The fact that they're selling direct to miners? Or the fact that they're not trying to hide it like the majority of OEMs?
I
As with the MSI thing, this will be forgotten about within weeks.

I shall Not forget. That's why I'm rocking aorus elite b550 instead of tomahawk .

Some ppl do have principles as long as the price is right.

Associate

What a tool you are.

Don't feed the troll. U should Know better.

Soldato
I have no idea. Whatever it was, he seemed to totally misinterpreted what I was saying most of the time.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing, although this time I knew in advance that people would do that.

He then says gaming was a waste of my time because it didn't make money...
Just as people have said mining is a waste of time because it robs gamers of gaming cards.

I replied saying why I game (to help with mental health), he then went totally off on a tangent and somehow interpreted that I think I'm somehow entitled to a GPU?!?
Again, that is what the thread is about, so within that context your post does sound like some kind of validation.

So I popped him on ignore because it was a chore reading the drivel that he kept spouting as it bared no relevance to what I had said.
Neither, technically, did what you said in terms of the thread topic, but you led and I followed...

Don't feed the troll. U should Know better.
I thought I did rather well for my first outing.
I was chanelling my inner Dowie.

Seriously though, people need to stop getting so twisted up over this. There is more to life than gaming.

Back
Top Bottom