Wrote off my SV650, almost wrote off my leg

Man of Honour
Richdog;30486684 said:
People don't have passion for cars? :confused:

Anyway this is not a "bikes vs cars which are better" so I'm not sure why you are turning it in that direction. It's a discussion surrounding comparative safety. :)

I never said any of what you appear to be inferring. What a peculiar response.

Biking is a choice so it's easy to give up, cars are often a necessity and therefore harder to just give up.

Caporegime
Kreeeee;30486737 said:
I never said any of what you appear to be inferring. What a peculiar response.

Biking is a choice so it's easy to give up, cars are often a necessity and therefore harder to just give up.

Mine was peculiar response... what? You wrote: "bikes are passion, cars are tools", which clearly suggests cars don't have any passion surrounding them. Anyone with even a basic grasp of English would take a such an inference from that (eg: the guy above me). Express yourself a little more clearly if you don't want to be misunderstood. :)

Man of Honour
Richdog;30486886 said:
Mine was peculiar response... what? You wrote: "bikes are passion, cars are tools", which clearly suggests cars don't have any passion surrounding them. Anyone with even a basic grasp of English would take a such an inference from that (eg: the guy above me). Express yourself a little more clearly if you don't want to be misunderstood. :)

Let's agree to leave it there as you have a habit of dragging threads off topic and being petulant on here. Feel free to get the last word in as usual, but I won't be dragged further into this.

Keep us updated participant, you know where to find me if you need a chat. Maybe I shouldn't have given you that biking theory test dvd years ago :p

Caporegime
OP
Kreeeee;30487144 said:
Keep us updated participant, you know where to find me if you need a chat. Maybe I shouldn't have given you that biking theory test dvd years ago :p

Here's the whole drama in one shot as it stands (not particularly gory, but spoilered anyway as it may arouse feelings in people that they'd rather leave unstirred ;)):

3XYnl3eh.jpg

The scar on my right thigh is where they took muscle to repair the holes in my left leg. It took ages to stop oozing and I had nurse visits every day to check the health of the wounds.

It should improve a lot from here, but it'll never be pretty!

I lost almost 8% of my bodyweight in hospital. Couldn't stomach any of the hospital food.

Man of Honour
There's a woman in my office whose daughter was traveling in Thailand around this time last year, she hired a scoot hit a pothole and totaled her knee.

She's had a year of it just not healing nevermind how many antibiotics they pump into her and how much they open it back up to try and find anything left behind.

So you're doing better than her at least :D

Soldato
Yikes, glad to hear you're on the mend.

At Loch Rannoch, lots of bikers head up the North side of the Loch all the way up to Rannoch Station, it's a stunning road.

Soldato
God, glad you're ok and impressed with your work ethic. You're still around to live your life with your wife and family, see your children grow up (if you have/want wife and kids), work and enjoy life and anything else you want to achieve. That's a wonderful thing.

This for me enforces why even though I like the idea, I would never, ever ride a bike, and (dons flameproof jacket) would prefer my roads without them at all.

Good luck with a smooth recovery, look forward to the day it's just a story to tell with a couple of cool scars.

Soldato
Participant;30489223 said:
3XYnl3eh.jpg

The scar on my right thigh is where they took muscle to repair the holes in my left leg. It took ages to stop oozing and I had nurse visits every day to check the health of the wounds..

So what you're trying to say is you have a naked selfie on your phone?

Man of Honour
Participant;30489223 said:

Here's the whole drama in one shot as it stands (not particularly gory, but spoilered anyway as it may arouse feelings in people that they'd rather leave unstirred ;)):

3XYnl3eh.jpg

The scar on my right thigh is where they took muscle to repair the holes in my left leg. It took ages to stop oozing and I had nurse visits every day to check the health of the wounds.

It should improve a lot from here, but it'll never be pretty!

I lost almost 8% of my bodyweight in hospital. Couldn't stomach any of the hospital food.

Good lord, I'm very grateful for the censorship there :p

Associate
Glad your OK!

I had a similar experience except I couldn't turn quick enough and hit the side of a BMW head on, My whole body got shoved towards the tank!

My balls hit the tank so hard they both swelled up to the size of a tennis balls, Doctors said I needed to have them removed due to the internal bleeding, Luckily the swelling went down after 3 weeks and I managed to keep them.

My hip and thighs/legs where blue with bruising for about 2 months after that and my insurance company where useless, My personal injury claim didn't even cover the cost of my bike gear and I was 2k short overall after the accident.

The driver who admitted liable on the road side but decided to change his mind when the claim went through and tried to say it was my fault.

The BMW driver aged 26 was late for work sitting in traffic, I was filtering around 25mph and he decided to do a U-turn without looking or indicating.

My insurance claim went on for over a year and because my injury's where not permanent I got nothing in terms of payout...

Now I am wiser about insurance company's I will not let this happen again.
Lesson learnt, if you got a terrible insurer take your claim elsewhere...

Back
Top Bottom