• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x2 3800 Owners - OC's

welshtom said:
twinmos cheap standard ;)

I have 2x512mb of kingston value which came with BH-5 ic's fitted. How nice :)
I can get them to 195mhz with 2-2-2 timings. That's with 3.0volts. Board cant get any higher :(
You reckon I should get a vdimm booster? Which one will fit with my Asus A8N-E?

are there any issues with SATA and overclocking these things? Anything over 2.2 and the boot loader reports missing files.

Gonna whack in an old IDE drive later to test it out

I've just had my Amd 3800+ 64 X2 LDBHE 0605FPMW batch number 023 running at 2.8 on 1.55V with air cooling. Looking forward to getting this up and running under my MACH II, not sure what speeds i will get but looking for 3.2+. One thing confuses me though, what is all the talk bout T and N chips, what are the differences and how do i find out which mine is.

Just a quick blast for now as i have 3 to play with and only today to test them and pick one.
3800x23200mhz155vprime8minrunc1.jpg

:D Yeah my new toy, Still playing with this chip. Ill have the other 2 in around a hr or so i hope they are as good as this one.

Im just glad its not got a Cold Bug, Id tryed 2 before !64 before this and they Bugged out.

sorry for dragging the thread up.

Got a 3800x2 with tec and water stable at 2.91Ghz.
Im using water atm due to tec setup being a horlix.
will post pics and results if anyone is interested.

Oh my lord! :eek:
That is a superb overclocker you got yourself there! I only reach 2.6ghz at same voltage...

EDIT: Ohh, it's on phase or something, right? :D

Last edited:
Well - Just had a good play with mine...
Think I MAY be able to squeese a little bit more out of it, but happy with this clock for now...

Clock - 2666 MHz
HTT - 3
VCore - 1.5v (Set by BIOS), 1.44v (Reported by apps in windows)
Core - Manchester
Cooler - Zalman CNPS9500
Mobo - A8N32-SLi
Temp - 50°C (Both cores Prime95, cold in here at the mo)

EDIT - Grrrrrr... Overnight Prime fails after 7 hours on the 2nd core.
Updated with 24 hour stable Prime's. (2 of obviously)

Will get a screenie up when I get home. :)
Well, will run Prime overnight again, then get screenie up.

BTW - The first core does 2800MHz NO problem whatsoever.
Just the 2nd core JUST can't keep 2700. :(

Last edited:
hmmm Finally decided to get myself another one of these little beauties and I got a Manchester this time. Can't remember the stepping but it begins with L and its 0605 silcone.

Got it running 2.6ghz so Far at around 1.5v. Still on stock cooling at the moment. Its Gaming and 3Dmark05 stable. (currntly scoring 6.3k with a overclocked 6800Ultra).

A little pic:
3800.jpg

Right, I thought that it was about time that the outstanding data in this thread was compiled. I've gone through and added to Eulogy's original table and stuck the updated table in a new thread, so that I can maintain it easily.

Behold ... my boring evening :cool:

I've put it in Overclocking & Cooling, as it probably fits better there. If people want it moved back here to be with this thread, I'll ask a friendly mod to do the honours.

Anyone have the same as me,

CDBHE 0543RPHW

What stable clocks have you managed to hit and what mobo?

I think my weak point is my mobo (asus A8N sli premium)

Back
Top Bottom