• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x2 3800 Owners - OC's

Associate
Mr Mister said:
what cooling is that on?

Another Run @ 2900Mhz

All In the Pic Below mate, Another Run after a nights CPU Burnin and its looking good. Ill Try another 3Ghz at lower Vcore next :D

3800x229002hrruncopy7xi.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
First post on these forums, and first ever overclock! I'm safe and boring and keeping everything at core voltage though..

Manchester Core
Clock Speed: 2500mhz
HTT: 250mhz
RAM: 250mhz
Timings: 2.5-3-3-8
Vcore: BIOS says 1.3v, cpu-z says 1.328v, Asus PC probe says 1.33v, it's at stock anyway.
HT multiplier is set to auto, I presume it's at 4x.
Cooler: Zalman CNPS9500-LED
Motherboard: Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe

Seems stable so far, ran OCCT twice for core 1 and then for core 2, switching the affinity, since it won't run multiple instances. It seems logical enough to test the cores one at a time if they can't be tested simultaneously. Will continue with some other stability tests and see if anything changes.

Soldato
there is a way to run 2 instances of OCCT but i'll be dammed if i can get it to work lol so i just use SP2004 instead.

what i dont get is that a lot of these X2 3800's are running on stock vcore of 1.3v, mine is 1.4v and on top of that people are not even having to bump up the vcore from 1.3 to get to 2.5ghz whereas i have to up the vcore to 1.46 to get it stable at 2.5ghz
________
Yamaha YZ465

Last edited:
Associate
Wasn't stable at 2.5ghz with stock voltages, everything looked OK in general but about 20 minutes into playing Oblivion and I got my first BSOD, rebooted and had the same thing within minutes. Dropped it back to 240mhz x 10 and it played solidly for a couple of hours. I actually suspect it was the memory not handling 250mhz with the timings, but I took loads of shortcuts with the overclocking and just cranked the HTT straight up so I can't be sure if it's the CPU or the RAM.

I think you can run a second OCCT if you make a second user account, but really can't be bothered with that..

Soldato
so i had a little tinker with my board and cpu a little more and i am now running at 2.4ghz load temp of 46 after half an hour torture testing with sp2004 no errors as of yet running my pc3200 on a divider of 166 to bring it back up to 200mhz on this overclock cpu is at 1.350 volts which i belive is stock volts? although i set it to 1.350 in the bios, asus probe shows 1.38 and fluctuates up and down :confused: but does not go over 1.4 i think everything is safe and stable and i cant see the need to test the memory as its running at stock speed (200mhz). Although at 2.5ghz my cpu seems to hit a brick wall, it will boot just fine but once it gets to the windows loading screen it will just restart its self i think it may need more volts but im happy at 2.4 right now

cpuz17da.jpg

cpuz29ot.jpg

cpuz39xp.jpg

spec's;

Amd 3800+ 64 X2 LDBHE 0605FPMW Stepping
Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe
Ati x1900xt 512mb Powercolor
1gb PC3200 Elixir 2x 512mb sticks dual channel running on divider of 166
Freezer 64
Hiper 580w Type-R Psu
Thermaltake Armor

thanks

Soldato
your vcore will fluctuate with the draw on the line, as long as it stays within (iirc) 0.05v of what you want it passes the test.. anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you have the same stepping as me, I defo have an 0605, get some volts in it and get it upped a bit for the sake of your x1900!

It needs instructions, and FAST! You don't want to create a bottleneck!

2.6 should be easy peasy.

Associate
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=88241
AMD 3800 X2 + running at 2.6GHz, stepping of CCBWE
Abit AN8-Ultra with BIOS version 6.00PG
FSB is 260
RAM is running at 216MHz on a CPU/12 divider. (DDR 333) and is Geil Value
Timings are 2.5-3-3-6 @ 2.7V
Core is faulty readon CPU-Z, it's currently at 1.4V in BIOS.
Toledo Core as shown
HTT is x3
HSF is a Akasa Evo33 with Amber fan running @ 4000+rpm

Stable for a month in normal use, has been stability tested using Dual Prime for 9 hours, has also been used at a LAN where it's been on for 12 Hours+ each day, with no crashes or even need for a reboot.

thar we go :)

Soldato
** noob alert ** i am going over to a shuttle from my pentium m pc and this will be the first amd pc i have had since the xp-m i had for a few weeks and didnt like.

Right i have decided to get one of these rather than buying single core now and having to go to dual later....so i am hoping for some help.

what steppings should i look out for ? is it the 06 ones that seem to be doing well ?

Looking at the table in the first post most seem to happily do over 2500mhz which i will be happy with. i have found oem ones for not much more than people are asking for single core opterons on the mm... should i just bite the bullet and get one anyway.

Associate
looks like we have a similar chip :)

Currently running my new X2 at 250x10 with 1.34v
LINKY

Stepping is:
ADA3800 DAA5CD
CCBWE 0601XPMW

Idle this is hovering late 30's early 40's

I'm not sure what sort of temps these can handle, hopefully should be ok like this.

PWM IC temp is worrying me a bit :eek:

Cooled by an Artic 64 Pro atm while I collect last bits for my wc :D

Associate
cool, should be ok till i refit my waterblock, I think my A64 pro is faulty, dont think the heatpipes were properly filled, the soldering on the end of them is really rubbish and 3 chips ive used this on have all had mediocre results temp wise.

Associate
Jimbo said:
I was allways told make sure you keep the x2 3800 temps below 55c or thereabouts. :)

I'm ok temp wise then, mines running full load 48degC running seti and OCCT stability test, plus running dvd and surfing.lol I've settled for 2.5ghz for now with 1.4vcore.

Rock solid, atleast with everything I've thrown at it so far.

Can run @ 2.7 but, not what I would class as stable.

Associate
Having a lil play again, taken side panel off which has helped temps a bit.

Currently stressing at 2.6ghz 1.37v 42-44c :)

Edit:
2.6ghz is rock stable with 1.37v
2.7ghz is fails dual SP2004 with 1.43v :(

Guess I'l wait till I'm back on water to push it further :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom