• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

X3D CPUs

Associate
The release of new parts for AM4 is really increasing the lifespan of AM4, isn’t it?
Given the current economic conditions a budget DDR4 line makes sense.

If you take a look at the smartphone market you'll see plenty of budget devices with older hardware still going, not to mention ones meant for developing countries.
Heck, Mediatek was not taken seriously until a few years ago but it still sold truckloads of SOCs, watch UNISOC do the same in the next few years.

Moore's Law is definitely slowing down and what was high end 10 years ago is still passable so to some extent the top DDR3 hardware with some tweaks would still be good for entry level, while top DDR4 with some optimization will be decent for the next 5 years IMHO.

A 6nm 5850X3D with just +5% performance over the 5800X3D would be able to keep up with a 14700k in gaming at a very competitive price, basically taking away Intel's DDR4 advantage, outside of high end oriented circles like this forum it would be a killer if it would cost 20% less than a 7800X3D based platform for not that much less performance.

Associate
Given the current economic conditions a budget DDR4 line makes sense.

If you take a look at the smartphone market you'll see plenty of budget devices with older hardware still going, not to mention ones meant for developing countries.
Heck, Mediatek was not taken seriously until a few years ago but it still sold truckloads of SOCs, watch UNISOC do the same in the next few years.

Moore's Law is definitely slowing down and what was high end 10 years ago is still passable so to some extent the top DDR3 hardware with some tweaks would still be good for entry level, while top DDR4 with some optimization will be decent for the next 5 years IMHO.

A 6nm 5850X3D with just +5% performance over the 5800X3D would be able to keep up with a 14700k in gaming at a very competitive price, basically taking away Intel's DDR4 advantage, outside of high end oriented circles like this forum it would be a killer if it would cost 20% less than a 7800X3D based platform for not that much less performance.
black friday week showed amd outsold intel 7 to 1
am5 and am4 and mainly am5 due to the week deals

Soldato
Having just finished a 7800x3d new build for my brother and getting hands on exp (tweaking bios, pbo, ram) the most annoying thing was the long boot up time due to ddr5 training? and imo small fps difference at 1440p.

Its made me think twice about upgrading from am4 to am5, id rather swap out my 5600x to a 5800x3d and use the money saved from mb/ram and put that towards a 7900xtx

300+ for a decent MB alone is bonkers
Enable Memory Context Restore in the BIOS. The DRAM Power Down Mode or whatever it is called should enable automatically with it.

Associate
Intels CPU market share is now down to 61 of the market, in total. They are losing ground fast against AMD. For higher end stuff (non office type PC's) I'd say it's even less
With all due respect I was hoping you'd bring a link to something reputable stating as much, where are you pulling your information from?

Soldato
With all due respect I was hoping you'd bring a link to something reputable stating as much, where are you pulling your information from?

Knock yourself out.

This is total and not segmented into high end gaming or the like, but covers all cpus like general low end office machines etc

Last edited:
Reactions: J.D
Associate

Knock yourself out.

This is total and not segmented into high end gaming or the like, but covers all cpus like general low end office machines etc
Ah, thank you very much!
Let's see if Intel will continue to blunder, TBH so far it's bad enough that i'm considering my first AMD build ever (and I've been gaming since 1988!)...

Back
Top Bottom