XB1 Or PS4 Controller ?

Underboss
I liked the size of my PS4 controller, fitted my hands fine and was well balanced etc.

Just never found a software config I could just picked up and play with.

Associate
Going to jump on here and ask what software you guys use for the PS4 controller?

Asked in the BF4 thread because I have issues with the PS4 controller in BF4 only, my keys are all mapped wrong and re-mapping them causes the triggers to act as butfons instead of the pressured trigger.

I always use my controllers for flying helicopters and I keep having to plug my Xbox controller in, which feels strange going back to it.

Soldato
Have you used either in BF4? I usually use DS4Windows myself and it has done me well so far, it is only BF4 that I have had issues with it.

I believe bf4 will take an Xbox controller as an input, use inputmapper with your ps controller, it convinces Windows that the ps controller is Xbox and uses xinput, also if ds4 it makes the touch pad a little track pad for when you need to navigate with a mouse :)

Associate
I believe bf4 will take an Xbox controller as an input, use inputmapper with your ps controller, it convinces Windows that the ps controller is Xbox and uses xinput, also if ds4 it makes the touch pad a little track pad for when you need to navigate with a mouse :)

I don't think I tried inputmapper, when I have rebound buttons in either DS4 or BF4 it doesn't register the triggers or analogue sticks as they are, but as buttons so it becomes a full or no throttle button, or a Max turn\tilt when I move a stick.

I will give it a go and hopefully be able to get back into some BF4, its strange that I only have this trouble in one game.

Soldato
Installing SCP Driver my DS3 became plug and play on Windows 10. No software to load every time you use it, no need to remap anything. Not tested with my DS4 though because the only micro USB cable I have is my phone charger and I cba to keep swapping it.

I prefer Playstation controllers, 360 pad is abysmal imo but I like the XBOne controller and was going to buy one earlier this year when they were on sale for £26.

Soldato
I hadn't heard of the scp driver before, but it looks just up my street, will give it a bash tonight as I had to resort back to the 360 controller as input mapper was being erratic on w10.

Soldato
I hadn't heard of the scp driver before, but it looks just up my street, will give it a bash tonight as I had to resort back to the 360 controller as input mapper was being erratic on w10.

Let me know how it goes for you, I'll also keep an eye on this thread before I go to bed for if something isn't working for you.

Soldato
I can get SCP server installed - SCP DS3 server, Bus driver/device, but for the life of me can't get the service to recognize my DS4.

W10 picks it up as a wireless controller (connecting via USB) and shows recognised input via windows on configurator, the driver appears to recognise the controller on install hence it installed the bus device driver, but if I open SCPMonitor or SCPUser they both show as no controller connected :confused:

Soldato
I can get SCP server installed - SCP DS3 server, Bus driver/device, but for the life of me can't get the service to recognize my DS4.

W10 picks it up as a wireless controller (connecting via USB) and shows recognised input via windows on configurator, the driver appears to recognise the controller on install hence it installed the bus device driver, but if I open SCPMonitor or SCPUser they both show as no controller connected :confused:

Uninstall it all and when you install it again untick the Bluetooth box.

Soldato
I bought an Xbox 360 pad a couple of years ago for a couple of games I wanted to play, still feels weird after the years of PS pads but for the meagre amount of gaming I do these days I just can't be arsed to swap it.

Back
Top Bottom