PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Man of Honour
I'm definitely not renewing my sub after the promo. One of the main reasons is that DLCs of game pass games are not included so I feel like I don't get the full experience. I would rather wait and buy the version that includes all the DLC at a discounted price that is mine forever.

I will definitely be renewing mine, I understand what you mean about DLC but for me its all about the games that I get with Gamepass which I would absolutely never had bought normally. Stuff like Void B*****ds , Dead Cells, Gears 5 , Forza 4 and so on, theres no way I would have put my hand in my pocket and bought any of those and yet I've had a lot of fun with them and I'm sure there will be many more down the road which will turn out to be unexpected fun to me which I'd never have bought.

Soldato
I will definitely be renewing mine, I understand what you mean about DLC but for me its all about the games that I get with Gamepass which I would absolutely never had bought normally. Stuff like Void B*****ds , Dead Cells, Gears 5 , Forza 4 and so on, theres no way I would have put my hand in my pocket and bought any of those and yet I've had a lot of fun with them and I'm sure there will be many more down the road which will turn out to be unexpected fun to me which I'd never have bought.

Yeah exactly the same here, it's great to play and enjoy games I would never had bought otherwise. It is a shame about DLC though, as you can miss out on the full experience.

Associate
Thats fair NZXT30 I just feel like a lot of dlc for most games is crap. There is a few great expansions and some absolutely essential ones but there isn't many games on Game Pass at last where i'd say you missing out.

Soldato
Well that sucks. My GP expired yesterday so I went to renew it thinking I would be able to get the offer of Ultimate 2 months for £2 but computer said no. So I had to go for PC only 3 months for £3.99. Nowt to be sniffed at all in the grand scheme of things but I don't get to play Gears 5 until 10th September now instead of 6th.

Check eBay.

Game Pass Ultimate 6 months codes for £19.99.

Soldato
I've never played any of the gears games, but quite tempted as I like a good shooter and figured I may as well as it's included. However does it matter that I haven't played the previous games, I'm guessing it's not a game series where the story is that important, but I've no idea really?

Associate
I've never played any of the gears games, but quite tempted as I like a good shooter and figured I may as well as it's included. However does it matter that I haven't played the previous games, I'm guessing it's not a game series where the story is that important, but I've no idea really?

I hadn't played a gears game for YEARS since I booted up Gears 4 this weekend. I barely remembered any of the story, but Gears 4 story was quite self contained, with some nods to the previous entries for those that played them.

Gears 5 has a 'Previously on' section where you can quickly get a rundown on Gears 4. I would recommend starting from Gears 4 if you are not going to start from 1.

Soldato
I hadn't played a gears game for YEARS since I booted up Gears 4 this weekend. I barely remembered any of the story, but Gears 4 story was quite self contained, with some nods to the previous entries for those that played them.

Gears 5 has a 'Previously on' section where you can quickly get a rundown on Gears 4. I would recommend starting from Gears 4 if you are not going to start from 1.

Thanks, looks like 4 is included in the game pass as well so I may as well start there.

Soldato
Apparently 9PM here.

I tried a VPN with countries that are way past 9pm (Australia/Japan etc) it still didn't unlock for me.

For future reference it's just the location in control panel you change.

I did post in the gears thread earlier didnt know people in this one were asking.

Soldato
Playing this with a mate on experienced difficulty as we played GoW 4 before on normal but he hasn't played any others.

Enjoying it. Looks fantastic, especially with HDR and runs very well on my rig at 4k, everything to max (expect motion blur) but I do have the minimum 60 FPS option on but to be fair I don't really notice drops in quality or anything as i'm sitting on my sofa about 7 feet from a 65" OLED.

Gameplay wise its familiar, which isn't bad as its very refined now. The 'open world' aspects aren't great, the Skif parts I find quite dull but not sure if they get better as not finished it yet, think Act 2 Chapter 2. We don't really follow the story but just try and enjoy good challenging combat which this has, level design is interesting aside from the Skif parts and it is just generally good fun to play.

We haven't touched the multiplayer or other modes yet so will see but for £2 for 2 months to play it plus whatever else on gamepass its completely worth it.

Soldato
It's abit cheeky to expect all dlc included as well imo, I mean game pass is in my view far too cheap as it is so they have to get money some how.

£3.99 for pc pass is a steal

Soldato
Yeah there's not really anything on there I want to play that I wouldn't just play on the Xbox anyway. The only one was Wasteland but it keeps breaking saves. Still I got 3 years for a quid so can't complain. Hopefully they have some more decent PC only games and sort the app out.

Back
Top Bottom