PC Game Pass (was Xbox Game Pass for PC)

Soldato
Is anyone else having issues with XGP?

Forza was working well for me at the start of the year and now it crashes to desktop within a few seconds of loading the game world.

I had to fiddle around for a while to get Metro to work, finally managed to do it (again at the beginning of the year) and now it wont load anymore.

I thought the huge number of negative whiny reviews on XGP were just angry nerds, but I might have to join their ranks. I realise its in 'beta' but the two titles I want to play are seemingly broken beyond repair.

Nah no issues here either. Have game pass on two different PC's and fine on both. could try to manipulate it via windows store. I gather Game Pass store hooks into Windows store so if things go finiky, its in regards to permissions between the two. Would try to open / download and try things via windows store.

Soldato
Is anyone else having issues with XGP?

Forza was working well for me at the start of the year and now it crashes to desktop within a few seconds of loading the game world.

I had to fiddle around for a while to get Metro to work, finally managed to do it (again at the beginning of the year) and now it wont load anymore.

I thought the huge number of negative whiny reviews on XGP were just angry nerds, but I might have to join their ranks. I realise its in 'beta' but the two titles I want to play are seemingly broken beyond repair.
You need to update both the Windows Store & Windows 10 itself as they both depend on each other being reasonably up to date. Then also update the actual XGP games as well. Then it should work no problems whatsoever but Forza is constantly being updated by MS every few weeks so you probably have a lot of data to update on that alone might be faster to uninstall & reinstall Forza l!

Associate
Mine has updated now too - I'm really enjoying Game Pass Ultimate, especially for Forza where I can play the same save on desktop or Xbox One X

Associate
I also signed back up two days ago and it was only a $1 for the first month again. It is really an awesome deal to play some games you may not buy and I think I found a game I like pplaying.

Deliver Us The Moon #RTXOn DLSS 2.0 4096x2160

Soldato
I've reinstalled this as I have a free 3 month pass from AMD.

Wow the client is still a car crash isn't it. Anything I try to download fails and has to be restarted multiple times. I've googled this furiously and nothing I have been able to try has resolved this. It is amazing that in 2020, Microsoft still can't manage to get such a fundamental thing to work reliably.

Soldato
I've reinstalled this as I have a free 3 month pass from AMD.

Wow the client is still a car crash isn't it. Anything I try to download fails and has to be restarted multiple times. I've googled this furiously and nothing I have been able to try has resolved this. It is amazing that in 2020, Microsoft still can't manage to get such a fundamental thing to work reliably.

Yep totally agree, it’s completely useless and quite frustrating to use. The options within the client are quite limited too which doesn’t help.

Soldato
my amd freebies etc ran out earlier, been playing ff9 on it all night, it is good to see it never interupted my game after 12 when it expired and i just got a month for 1 quid on the pc only 1 it was also offering a month of ultimate for a pound :D

Associate
I have a 3month pass from a Ryzen purchase am I right in thinking this pass gives me access to the whole library or is it limited in some way?

Soldato
I have a 3month pass from a Ryzen purchase am I right in thinking this pass gives me access to the whole library or is it limited in some way?

Full Game Pass library.

Just make sure to check which games are leaving the service this month before you start playing anything.

Soldato
Thanks.

Do they remove games each month?

Yes. Each month some new games go on, and some old ones go off. Games tend to be on for quite a while though (6 months+), so it's a bigger problem for new subscribers than existing ones.

Xbox Game Studios titles tend to be permanent.

Associate
I really do hate the app

Forza stopped working again, tried re downloading and reinstalling it 4 times along with god only knows how many fixes but it just crashes as your car loads.

Both me and my friend have had the same issue with Halo where it randomly decides it has a error and needs to be re downloaded.

Back
Top Bottom