XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Soldato
Is there a specific way you redeem the Gold to Ultimate passes? Or do I just buy 12 months Gold, redeem that then buy one month Ultimate and redeem that which then upgrades the whole 12 months of Gold to Ultimate? I've never done it before, so kind of sceptical. Do I need to redeem the codes via the app or can it be done via the console too..?

Caporegime
Is there a specific way you redeem the Gold to Ultimate passes? Or do I just buy 12 months Gold, redeem that then buy one month Ultimate and redeem that which then upgrades the whole 12 months of Gold to Ultimate? I've never done it before, so kind of sceptical. Do I need to redeem the codes via the app or can it be done via the console too..?

Your sub needs to have ran out otherwise it will convert the live to Gamepass 3:1 so one years Live will be 4 months Gamepass.

You can get 3 years sub of Live and then convert with any monthly subscription of Gamepass 1:1.

Using a VPN you easily get 1 years Gamepass for under £40 which is mad considering it works on PC as well.

Soldato
Your sub needs to have ran out otherwise it will convert the live to Gamepass 3:1 so one years Live will be 4 months Gamepass.

You can get 3 years sub of Live and then convert with any monthly subscription of Gamepass 1:1.

Using a VPN you easily get 1 years Gamepass for under £40 which is mad considering it works on PC as well.

Thanks, did it last night.

Soldato
I was going to get a subscription for my kids for Xmas - just ran through the instructions here and it worked an absolute charm. The steps have been posted before, but here's what I did exactly to get it, and save anyone browsing back through the thread:

1. Purchase 3 x 12 MONTH XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP BRAZIL from cdkeys.
2. Grab the keys and put them in notepad.
3. Download the tunnelbear VPN client and connect to Brazil.
4. Redeem the 3 keys, one after the other on: https://redeem.microsoft.com/
5. Disconnect from the VPN
6. Go to here: Upgrade Your Xbox Live Gold Membership to Ultimate | Xbox
7. Upgrade it through that.
8. Go here to confirm all is good: Microsoft account | Services & subscriptions
9. Turn off the automatic renewal from the same place.

That was it - completely issue free. Cheers to everyone here for saving me an absolute fortune :D :D :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I was going to get a subscription for my kids for Xmas - just ran through the instructions here and it worked an absolute charm. The steps have been posted before, but here's what I did exactly to get it, and save anyone browsing back through the thread:

3. Download the trustbear VPN client and connect to Brazil.

That was it - completely issue free. Cheers to everyone here for saving me an absolute fortune :D :D :D
I guess you mean TunnelBear VPN?

rp2000

Caporegime

3. Download the trustbear VPN client and connect to Brazil.

If you set your home console to your kids and game on yours. They get everything for free anyway. At least with your games and live. Not sure if it works with Game pass. I found this out as my daughter also has a sub of her own so will try it when it runs out.

Soldato
If you set your home console to your kids and game on yours. They get everything for free anyway. At least with your games and live. Not sure if it works with Game pass. I found this out as my daughter also has a sub of her own so will try it when it runs out.

Do you know if me and the kid could both play B4B together on two different devices?

Soldato
Soldato
Not sure how well a game like that would plan on an xbox (not sure if you can use a mouse and keyboard), if you can only use a joypad I imagine it won't be brilliant, although I'm looking forward to it coking onto pc.

Soldato
I'm having a massive failure with trying to find out if Age of Empires 4 is coming to the Xbox Game pass!

This article suggests that it is
https://www.givemesport.com/1739946-is-age-of-empires-4-coming-to-xbox

Yet on the official website it seems to only say Gamepass for PC
https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/age-of-empires-iv

I've tried the "Coming Soon" section of the Xbox store and can't see anything at all.

AOE IV is Gamepass for PC only:
Celebrating Three Epic Months of Back-to-Back Blockbuster Game Launches in Xbox Game Pass - Xbox Wire

Soldato
Nothing to say that it might never get released on Xbox. Look at Civ 6, a massive PC title released on Xbox (not played it on Xbox so no idea if it's exactly like the PC version or cut back in anyway).

Soldato
I've been doing that Xbox rewards thing every day, all the quizzes and polls etc.. racked up just over 6000 points. It is a bit grindy but for 5 minutes per day it's worth it, I've currently got enough for a £5 voucher amongst others things I could spend the points on. I'll just keep doing it every day until I get bored and see how much in vouchers I can redeem.

Associate

3. Download the tunnelbear VPN client and connect to Brazil.

Hi just too say thanks for this well laid out info with all the links = worked a treat:)
I found super easy vpn side of things by using the urban vpn chrome extension set to brazil

Back
Top Bottom