**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Soldato
apparently these are the leaked prices for digital downloads, don't know how accurate they are and still don't know how much forza will be.

•Crimson Dragon – £15.99
•KI Ultra – £31.99 – Single character 3.99
•Power star golf – £15.99
•Zoo Tycoon - £49.99
•LocoCycle – £15.99
•Zumba Fitness - unavailable – 24gb
•Assassins Creed IV – £54.99
•Angry Birds Star Wars – £35.19
•Madden – £54.99
•Just Dance – 39.99
•Fighter Within – £49.99
•BF 4 – £54.99
•Need for Speed: Rivals – £54.99
•Dead Rising 3 – £44.99 – Day one Premium edition (with DLC) – £64.99
•EA NBA – £54.99
•COD Ghosts – Comes up as £9.99 for those who purchased Digital version on Xbox 360

Soldato
Same - those screens for the link were not the same experience I had at a game lockin Friday before last!

Well as hes playing the release version i imagine they are the same experience you had, you simply were enjoying the game and not seeing it side by side with the earlier version to notice the graphics downgrade.

Just like the ps4 vs xbox screenshot comparisons its a case of if you have nothing to compare it to then its going to look great and dont worry about it. Fine for the ps4 comparisons but definitely think its shady to have toned down graphics so much from what was shown to generate the hype.

Caporegime
seriously if forza 5 is what they are calling next gen graphics then I am either spoiled by pc gaming on a lowly 7850 or some people have never played pc games on the highest settings at 1080

Soldato
its clear as day that they have altered the lighting and some texture work. Maybe they were having frame rate issues so switched some of it around. I can kind of understand that to a point, but yeh it does look very different. Im sure rushing the game to production didnt help matters either.

seriously if forza 5 is what they are calling next gen graphics then I am either spoiled by pc gaming on a lowly 7850 or some people have never played pc games on the highest settings at 1080

Unfortunately some people havent! :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Boogies review is out on which console to choose, he starts off saying he has an open mind but dribbles on about ps4 and just quickly touches on the One. Me personally...seems like his mind was already made up when he realised he preferred Sony many years ago.

Yep pretty much what i thought about his video as well, not exactly neutral is he??.

Soldato
Well have paid for my console and games today. Now just have to wait until Friday to pick it up. Now decision is do I get it at midnight launch or wait till lunchtime Friday?

I did feel sorry for the poor girl behind the counter serving me as I had loads of pre-order receipts, as well as confusing her with getting the X360 COD:Ghosts Harden Edition and then trading it in for the Xbox One Version of Ghosts but keeping all the extras, as they cancelled my online order twice (while I was away on holiday :()

Just don't know which game I am going to play first :p

Associate
Well have paid for my console and games today. Now just have to wait until Friday to pick it up. Now decision is do I get it at midnight launch or wait till lunchtime Friday?

I did feel sorry for the poor girl behind the counter serving me as I had loads of pre-order receipts as well confusing her with getting the 360 COD:Ghosts Harden Edition and then trading it in for the Xbox One Version of Ghosts as they cancelled my online order twice (while I was away on holiday :()

Just don't know which game I am going to play first :p

Go with something to ease you into your new console and once you're feeling confident and full of fire, get out the big guns!

Caporegime
Unfortunately some people havent! :(
I guess not.

It's certainly not the leap I was expecting considering how dated the last gen consoles were the leap looks pretty small to me..

actually looking on youtube I think GT6 has better looking visuals or atleast less arcade looking and more realistic.

is forza supposed to have arcade graphics? maybe I should launch grid 2 again to double check but I recall grid 2 looking better than forza 5.

pcars just looks miles better than both and is what I was anticipating next gen to be close to although I have been out of the console loop for many years not owning one since the ps2 lol.

my son has an xbox360 though and my stepson as well so I've seen just how poop most xbox games look.

maybe they rushed forza 5 out and reused some old textures but touched them up a bit? looks like same old console textures with more AA and sharpness to me

Associate

I implore you to stick to PC gaming...you've experienced too much first handed greatness. Console gaming will just lead to disappointment.

Caporegime
I implore you to stick to PC gaming...you've experienced too much first handed greatness. Console gaming will just lead to disappointment.

well I don't really miss consoles but I miss the driving games with tons of cars which the pc does not have and won't have even with pcars unfortunately so buying one of the new consoles interests me for that reason alone.
but I'm seriously not impressed by those forza5 vids on youtube, maybe the gameplay makes up for it but honestly without trolling I don't see next gen graphics there.

it will be interesting to see what pcars looks like on the next gen consoles if it comes to them compared to how it looks on even my modest graphics card (7850 as said so nothing special)

I'm in town on fridsay anyway so will check out the gaming shops and see if any have xbo360 on displays even if it's just running a demo disc or something , maybe youtube kills forza5 but it won't be killing the artstyle which just screams console limitations to me with those textures and lighting/shadows

I was seriously expecting next gen console graphics to be pushing pc graphics forward with the leap seeing as we have been pretty stagnant for awhile in the graphics of the majority of titles

Last edited:
Soldato
well I don't really miss consoles but I miss the driving games with tons of cars which the pc does not have and won't have even with pcars unfortunately so buying one of the new consoles interests me for that reason alone.

but I'm seriously not impressed by those forza5 vids on youtube, maybe the gameplay makes up for it but honestly without trolling I don't see next gen graphics there.

it will be interesting to see what pcars looks like on the next gen consoles if it comes to them compared to how it looks on even my modest graphics card (7850 as said so nothing special)

Maybe look into drive club, or am sure another gran turismo is in the works.

Personally i have never been interested in car games, enemies always seem to be slower, it generally just feels boring to me.,,,,UNLESS there is some action in there. I loved the wipeout games, and mario kart lol. But i am sure die hard driving fans would be lynching me for the comparison.

Associate
i still don't get why people are expecting these launch titles to amazing visually it happens every launch yes they are better than last gen,if you don't think so you need glasses or aint played one yet:roll eyes: also stop comparing consoles to high end game pcs . plus i can't think of one visually stunning pc exclusive game to come out after crysis . i sold my gaming pc which was high spec and played every game maxed out but had way more fun playing consoles ;)

Associate
yea watch that , then watch the grid2 videos on the pc at 1080

it looks slightly better than grid 2 to my eyes which hardly has amazing graphics in the first place

2yvnfrc.jpg

Caporegime
also stop comparing consoles to high end game pcs

well I have a 7850 which I thought consoles were meant to be at least the equivalent off?

i can't think of one visually stunning pc exclusive game to come out after crysis
well when I think next gen I'm thinking

which gave me 40-60fps on a 7850 and that game isn't even optimised yet

Soldato
i still don't get why people are expecting these launch titles to amazing visually it happens every launch yes they are better than last gen,if you don't think so you need glasses or aint played one yet:roll eyes: also stop comparing consoles to high end game pcs . plus i can't think of one visually stunning pc exclusive game to come out after crysis . i sold my gaming pc which was high spec and played every game maxed out but had way more fun playing consoles ;)

Why does stuff have to be exclusive? PCs just simply provide the best graphics for any game provided the developer does a good job. Obviously you pay a premium for that and there is no point comparing pc graphics to consoles. As for having more fun playing consoles, thats what they are for, casual gamers. I imagine that if you were a competative game player you would still be on your pc.

Back
Top Bottom