**XBOX ONE** Official Thread

Soldato
One area MS seemed to have tried to tighten which will end up a nightmare is game saves and system storage. You no longer have any control and everything is pushed to the cloud. That sucks.

It sounds like one of the many things that slipped down the pecking order to get it out on time.

It's probably going to be part of the update that includes external drives, i.e. when they'll need a file management system.

Also I'd imagine it's using the Skydrive system so in reality there will always be a synced local copy as well as the cloud one so I doubt it's really possible to 'lose' a save altogether; but I acknowledge you can't backup a save for now.

Caporegime
It sounds like one of the many things that slipped down the pecking order to get it out on time.

It's probably going to be part of the update that includes external drives, i.e. when they'll need a file management system.

Also I'd imagine it's using the Skydrive system so in reality there will always be a synced local copy as well as the cloud one so I doubt it's really possible to 'lose' a save altogether; but I acknowledge you can't backup a save for now.

I dunno they said on giantbomb that there will no longer be any file management or moving of saves that you can do. Yeah there will always be a local synced copy but if that saves corrupt that's likely to be the one that was uploaded too so you would equally be as screwed.

The only way off the top of my head I can think of to combat the save system in SP games would be to play the game offline with the ethernet pulled. Play the game and back up cloud then the next time you play pull the cable again?

I do really like the stuff they were saying where you could effectively put the game in hibernation so when you come back later you just carry on from where you left off but I do like to manage my own storage. How this will work with externals will be interesting.

Soldato
Well despite me talking to Amazon and them "assuring" me that it would arrive tomorrow... I have just had an email saying delivery date is 23rd Nov.

And the point of me taking the day off work was...??

Soldato
Well despite me talking to Amazon and them "assuring" me that it would arrive tomorrow... I have just had an email saying delivery date is 23rd Nov.

To get the beer ready,junk food, anyhouse duties outta the way so on the day you can **** out completely with junk n play games

Caporegime

To watch everyone else enjoy their new toy? :p

That's the reason I very rarely take a day off work to wait for deliveries.

Associate
sorry for posting shipping updates but all you other very.co.uk customers is your console also still at the warehouse it arrived at up north on tuesday? Wednesbury or something? Would have though it would be out by now.

It'll be marked for 22nd delivery.

-

Boogies opinion, seems like the xbox is the all round experience. Glad I've gone for both.

Back
Top Bottom