Xbox One X

Soldato
I’m in the same boat, I’ve loaded up Revolut with some £ and created a virtual card and used the details on the picture of the card. I then set my mobile to hotspot and connected to turkey via NordVPN on my phone and then connected my Xbox to the phone and it just keeps saying something went wrong with payment.

Soldato
Tell it to me like I am an idiot, do I just add a bank card to revolut and then I use that account to buy from wherever I want or does revolut then ask me to enter an address for the country I want to buy from?

Yeah but I'm not 100% sure it works with revolut so I'd Google it. My clarity card works fine.
I’m in the same boat, I’ve loaded up Revolut with some £ and created a virtual card and used the details on the picture of the card. I then set my mobile to hotspot and connected to turkey via NordVPN on my phone and then connected my Xbox to the phone and it just keeps saying something went wrong with payment.

I tried with my phone and it didn't work. I had to use my laptop.

Caporegime
Rough guide:

1. Download and install Connectify
2. Download and install Speedify
3. Open Speedify, click through the startup screens
5. Click the little cog under 'Upgrade' set the location to Turkey, whichever region next, then the 'X'. Speedify is now setup and should be connected to a Turkish server
6. Open Connectify, when starting the hotspot make sure it's using 'Speedify' under 'Internet to share' (there's a drop down for which network connection to use as the hotspot). PC is now ready to use as a hotspot via the Turkish VPN. You can check this by looking under 'Privacy monitor' in Connectify, it should have the Turkish location
7. On your Xbox set the location to Turkey, restart the console
8. Connect the Xbox to the Connectify hotspot
9. Browse the game you want in the store, when you come to buy add any Turkish address for the payment (I used the UK embassy), add your card details
10. Buy, profit.
11. Set the Xbox region back to UK, restart, reset your network settings if using WiFi.

Worked perfectly for me earlier, using my MBNA credit card.

Last edited:
Soldato
What payment method did you use? And did you just buy it straight off the console with your region as Turkey?

I used my credit card, so will incur so tax, but created an address in Turkey within the same place as the VPN was located, Irmza I think it was, then bought my games from the store with the Xbox set to Turkey

Soldato
Rough guide:

1. Download and install Connectify
2. Download and install Speedify
3. Open Speedify, click through the startup screens
5. Click the little cog under 'Upgrade' set the location to Turkey, whichever region next, then the 'X'. Speedify is now setup and should be connected to a Turkish server
6. Open Connectify, when starting the hotspot make sure it's using 'Speedify' under 'Internet to share' (there's a drop down for which network connection to use as the hotspot). PC is now ready to use as a hotspot via the Turkish VPN. You can check this by looking under 'Privacy monitor' in Connectify, it should have the Turkish location
7. On your Xbox set the location to Turkey, restart the console
8. Connect the Xbox to the Connectify hotspot
9. Browse the game you want in the store, when you come to buy add any Turkish address for the payment (I used the UK embassy), add your card details
10. Buy, profit.
11. Set the Xbox region back to UK, restart, reset your network settings if using WiFi.

Worked perfectly for me earlier, using my MBNA credit card.

What has any of this got to do with the Xbox One X????
Any moderators/Admin on here these days please?

Soldato
I bought No mans sky and gifted it to my little girl.

I had to log in as her on my xbox and redeem using the VPN as i did to buy it.

Once i redeemed tho it worked normally when switching back to the uk.
So you can't buy it as a gift straight away, you have to purchase it, and still need to VPN on the Xbox.

I haven't got any laptop so can't setup a wireless hotspot for my Xbox to connect to. Was thinking that if somebody here didn't mind doing me a favour, I could ask them to gift me a purchase and then BT them the £.

Soldato
So you can't buy it as a gift straight away, you have to purchase it, and still need to VPN on the Xbox.

I haven't got any laptop so can't setup a wireless hotspot for my Xbox to connect to. Was thinking that if somebody here didn't mind doing me a favour, I could ask them to gift me a purchase and then BT them the £.

Zico if you wanted me to do it for you i dont mind, the only thing is i would need your xbox log in to activate the gift as it has to be done over the VPN.

I did with my mate today and it gifted to him no probs but wouldnt allow him to redeem it, so i logged in on the same console on the VPN then redeemed the code then logged out.

Now he is buzzing with cheap games :)

Caporegime
God so many games I want to buy, I need to work out what damn editions are which and what I want, going to cost me loads still but dread to think how much they would all cost in sterling

Soldato
Zico if you wanted me to do it for you i dont mind, the only thing is i would need your xbox log in to activate the gift as it has to be done over the VPN.

I did with my mate today and it gifted to him no probs but wouldnt allow him to redeem it, so i logged in on the same console on the VPN then redeemed the code then logged out.

Now he is buzzing with cheap games :)

Thanks for the offer but I would prefer not to give my login details out to anyone (no offence). I might be able to borrow a laptop and do things myself now.
One question though, if I register a credit card, could I just buy enough Xbox gift cards through the Turkish store then use that to buy the games? It should at least mean that if the TL recovers, any pre-orders shouldn't cost me more when the credit card is charged. I've totalled up several games (F1 2018, RDR2 Ultimate, FH4 Ultimate, Battlefield V Deluxe) at 1379 TL, if I buy 1380 TL in gift cards and use that, it would cost me £180 (using Clarity credit card) and that should be it. No worry of pre-order costs being charged any higher (credit cards are charged 10 days prior to release on the MS store).

Back
Top Bottom