Xbox One X

Associate
Its only supported for certain games - also to be noted Fortnite will only pitch keyboard and mouse players against other keyboard and mouse players...

Or if you want to do it properly you buy something from XIM technologies. worked for years already.

Soldato
It will be a huge dent in pc gaming if the next Xbox out the gate has full keyboard and mouse support whilst being powerful enough to actually hit 4k60fps and have Freesync support again.

MS finished the 360 strongly and had the base to make a killer Xbox one, they fudged this - but IMO the One X to me shows they’ve refocused under Spencer and I reckon the next xboxes will be killer, with no weak spots. Hopefully full fat CPUs too, rather than those horrible jaguar cores.

Now they just need to ditch proprietary connections and use almost like “slot” load SSDs or NVME storage.

Soldato
A games console doesn't need NVMe. Consoles are produced to a certain price point, the key is to strike a balance on the hardware but there's always going to be some element of weakness in order to keep the costs down.

Associate
MS finished the 360 strongly and had the base to make a killer Xbox one, they fudged this - but IMO the One X to me shows they’ve refocused under Spencer and I reckon the next xboxes will be killer, with no weak spots. Hopefully full fat CPUs too, rather than those horrible jaguar cores.

We already know that the next gen consoles will have Zen cores.

Caporegime
Anyone else got/get an error about problems with their service (the Xbox service) when using their console?

It’s triggered by trying to load the dash up I just get a black screen then a minute or so I get an error saying sorry there’s a problem with our service. I can load and play games ok but it won’t load the dash.

Trying to figure out if it’s the console or not

Associate
Not sure how this will work. Forgive me if I am wrong, the control pads we use introduces motion blur when moving the camera unlike a PC which has the power to display without motion blur. If a mouse does indeed move the camera faster then a pad would this not mean the motion blur gets worse?

Soldato
Having played around with a Xim4 for a while I reckon there'll be more to it than simply adding the controls. The turn speed is slower on a console to compensate for the pad for example, as to whether or not the developers will go to that level of effort and change the mechanics we will have to wait and see.

Caporegime
K&M support is just what I'm after, downloaded PUBG the other day and I just can't play shooters with a controller, especially after playing it on PC already. Managed to creep up on a group but ended up spraying at them like Rambo with the awful analogue stick aiming.

Soldato
2qn1943.jpg

Razor one looks nice, go well with a CouchMaster.

Soldato
I've got £26 of free Xbox credit that I have built up/acquired over the last few months (£5 must be used before the 3/12/18). Stuck between getting BLOPs 4, Just Cause 4 (released on the 3/12/18 so my credit would be used before this) or possibly Hitman 2. I've already got RDR2 using the double up vouchers at Sainsburys and BFV so covered for the other AAA titles.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom