xbox series x ... abit Meh?

Associate
Ive just started Yakuza 0 and it looks and runs great for an older title. The fact i can turn on the Xbox. Select game and be playing within about ten seconds is miles away from my gaming experience on my pc.

Plus if you have a alexa device or Google assistant on your phone you can say xbox launch yakuza 0 and it will launch the game and turn your tv on lol.

Soldato
I've been away from these forums for years. Happy to see the high end gaming PC and monitor setup > couple of hundred quid console + outdated TV set up argument is alive and well! :D

Soldato
I've been away from these forums for years. Happy to see the high end gaming PC and monitor setup > couple of hundred quid console + outdated TV set up argument is alive and well! :D

As is Android vs iPhone and Coke vs Pepsi... Although I think we finally have a winner for Nintendo vs Sega :D

Associate
Yeah remember my dad going to the video shop , karate kid for the kids , something romantic for mother .. and electric blue - that went straight at the top of the kitchen shelf
Anyway back to the Xbox , gears of war never played it

Last edited:
Soldato
Amiga vs Atari

Ah man they were the days, I remember every Saturday night was a movie night rental from Ritz lol.

As much as it was more effort to rent a movie, there was something special about it all, the movie itself would be an unknown apart from the little story snippet on the back cover, loved it and miss it as well.

Associate
As much as it was more effort to rent a movie, there was something special about it all, the movie itself would be an unknown apart from the little story snippet on the back cover, loved it and miss it as well.

Similar with renting video games. Would walk home from School on a Friday via the local rental place. 2 night rental, dropping the game back on a Sunday evening. No online reviews meant I would rent pretty every game available in the shop.
With still being a very passionate gamer, my kids are spoiled having access to my (now their) vast gaming empire :)

Soldato
Similar with renting video games. Would walk home from School on a Friday via the local rental place. 2 night rental, dropping the game back on a Sunday evening. No online reviews meant I would rent pretty every game available in the shop.
With still being a very passionate gamer, my kids are spoiled having access to my (now their) vast gaming empire :)
I think sometimes too much choice is a hindrance. I sometimes look at my digital games list and go christ which game to play and then obviously with Xbox games with gold your getting free one's too. Plus if you have gamepass too.

It all becomes a big question of what I want to play rather than oh I only bought 'xyz' game so we'll play it to death.

Soldato
Currently running my series x on a bog standard 4K IPS TV , no HDR or 120hz.

After playing a few different titles, I'm not exactly blown away. Image quality while pristine as most of them are native res, isn't all id hoped. Maybe coming from the enthusiast side of the PCs has taken the new gen feeling away or maybe the games I've played , mostly multi plat are just not doing justice for the hardware.

Forza Horizon 4 looks about the best in terms of asset quality etc.
BFV is really looking its age and I'm assuming without a patch its using last gen assets.
GEARS 5, looks very good at times but also **** poor at others
Warzone is another meh.looks fantastic on the PC without RT but here on xbox it still isn't as good despite enough horsepower to do so.

Going to try a few more X optimised titles today to see if somethings grabs me, any recommendations for either gorgeous looking titles or games I cant play on PC?

I will admit however the smoothness of the system is beautiful. It does feel uber polished. And the games generally do run perfectly.

That's cause Xbox Series X has to stick to playing multiplat games

Try the PS5, its has real next gen exclusives that are full on GANGSTER

Soldato
Its so dumb. Give it two years and we will have a 'ps5/xbox x underpowered when are we getting a refresh' thread. Its like people never learn.

Play the games you want to play, on the device you want to play it on based on the budget you can afford and the experience you want. It also doesn't have to be one or the other! You can play on your PC and also own a console...I know that might be surprising to some people on this board though.

Associate
Its so dumb. Give it two years and we will have a 'ps5/xbox x underpowered when are we getting a refresh' thread. Its like people never learn.

Play the games you want to play, on the device you want to play it on based on the budget you can afford and the experience you want. It also doesn't have to be one or the other! You can play on your PC and also own a console...I know that might be surprising to some people on this board though.

Very true, I play on desktop PC, Laptop, series x and ps5. I generally get the games I want on whatever system has it cheaper. Apart from exclusives.

Back
Top Bottom