• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 232 26.1%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I have the Xbox One version of GTA V and I'm wondering if it is worth buying the Series X version for £35? I do enjoy GTA games and if it comes with better graphics and faster frame rate I'll get it.
If you've bought it on the one, doesn't it automatically download the series X version (at least I thought so)

Soldato
Anyone be able to install mods on NexGen FO4 on SX? I've created an account but after selecting Mods and it then logs on to Creation Club I am presented with the below.
fo4mod.jpg

e: Well I was dumb and selecting MODS from the pause menu as opposed to the main menu.

Last edited:
Soldato
When GTA was on Gamepass I downloaded GTA and was confused as to why within the menu I could not toggle between Performance or Quality Mode…

Turned out I had downloaded Xbox One version not Series X, after downloading Series X version I had the option available.

I found Performance a much nicer experience, especially at speed I found 30FPS to be choppy where as at 60FPS it was a huge improvement and game looked the same.

If you play a lot, £14.95 is worth it IMO - Just don’t be one of those people who must have Digital and pay over the odds when a brand new Physical Copy is far cheaper than Xbox Store.

Edit:

Last edited:
Soldato
When GTA was on Gamepass I downloaded GTA and was confused as to why within the menu I could not toggle between Performance or Quality Mode…

Turned out I had downloaded Xbox One version not Series X, after downloading Series X version I had the option available.

I found Performance a much nicer experience, especially at speed I found 30FPS to be choppy where as at 60FPS it was a huge improvement and game looked the same.

If you play a lot, £14.95 is worth it IMO - Just don’t be one of those people who must have Digital and pay over the odds when a brand new Physical Copy is far cheaper than Xbox Store.

Edit:
Thank you. I ordered the physical copy yesterday. £15 is well worth it I think.

Soldato
I'm completely lost with my Xbox Series X headset. It worked before with game audio and stuttery blu-ray audio but now it doesn't work with anything. I've updated the firmware and reset audio settings so I'm not sure what is going on.

Edit: I got it sorted. Was my own fault.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Cromulent Have you fired up GTA - What are your thoughts on the Series X Version.

As mentioned before the most considerable difference for me was the Framerate - Especially when travelling at Speed it removed the choppy ness and was much more smoother.

I am really sensitive to 30FPS that being said.

Soldato
@Cromulent Have you fired up GTA - What are your thoughts on the Series X Version.

As mentioned before the most considerable difference for me was the Framerate - Especially when travelling at Speed it removed the choppy ness and was much more smoother.

I am really sensitive to 30FPS that being said.
Yeah. The frame rate is the most obvious. Maybe a slightly longer draw distance. Overall worth it for £15. The only annoying thing is that installing from disc is slower than downloading it.

Soldato
Yeah. The frame rate is the most obvious. Maybe a slightly longer draw distance. Overall worth it for £15. The only annoying thing is that installing from disc is slower than downloading it.

Have you been in the settings and toggled between Graphic Modes?

Fidelity
Performance
Performance RT
I still need to complete GTA 5 - I’m tempted myself, I’ve often got 30/40% through it and just ended up Free Roaming or Online!

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you been in the settings and toggled between Graphic Modes?

Fidelity
Performance
Performance RT
I still need to complete GTA 5 - I’m tempted myself, I’ve often got 30/40% through it and just ended up Free Roaming or Online!
No I haven't. I'll explore that tomorrow I think. I just played for about 30 minutes today as I had to recover my old Rockstar account from my old email address so that took up a bit of time. All sorted now though.

Last edited:
Soldato
No I haven't. I'll explore that tomorrow I think. I just played for about 30 minutes today as I had to recover my old Rockstar account from my old email address so that took up a bit of time. All sorted now though.

That might give you a better idea at the differences.

I’d imagine you’re locked in to Fidelity Mode as standard, therefore still 30FPS? I could be wrong.

I believe these are what the options are.

Fidelity: Native 4K at 30fps with ray-traced shadows and reflections

Performance RT: 1440p at 60fps (upscaled to 4K) with ray-traced shadows

Performance: Same as "Performance RT" without any ray tracing

Last edited:
Soldato
That might give you a better idea at the differences.

I’d imagine you’re locked in to Fidelity Mode as standard, therefore still 30FPS? I could be wrong.

I believe these are what the options are.

Fidelity: Native 4K at 30fps with ray-traced shadows and reflections

Performance RT: 1440p at 60fps (upscaled to 4K) with ray-traced shadows

Performance: Same as "Performance RT" without any ray tracing
I see. Very useful. Thank you.

Soldato
Before I go out and buy an Elite Series 2 does anyone use a third party controller? I'm curious if there are any better options out there that are cheaper or have more features for a similar cost.

Soldato
Storage expansion.

Series X, I'm getting close to filling up the 1TB. I can't seemingly get a clear understanding in my head about how external storage works. it seems the only storage that can actually play games from is the expansion card, and anything else its simply a 'holding space' and you have to juggle games around. Is that right?

If so, it appears only Seagate make an expansion card... ?

Back
Top Bottom