• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX HD4850 xxx edition. Crashing in Warhammer

Would they reimburse my P&P cost of me sending it back to them? or do they arrange a DPD delivery guy to come pick it up?

I've made another RMA regarding a refund (NOT Replace as they've put on my RMA status) on my product so i'm waiting feedback from it, i'll post and let you know.[/QUOTE]

I've always got my p&p repaid when within the 28 days - you just have to request it within your enclosed letter. Also, enclose proof of your p&p - ask the post office for a 'copy receipt' and enclose it with your letter before you seal the package.

I've always got my p&p repaid when within the 28 days - you just have to request it within your enclosed letter. Also, enclose proof of your p&p - ask the post office for a 'copy receipt' and enclose it with your letter before you seal the package.

KK, i'll ask the post office for a receipt before i seal the box fully.
Thanks.

Hi, I am new to the forum and had to wait long time before my account was activated really annoying as I was eger to post LOL.

I have a XFX 4850 512MB not XXX version and I am experiencing same problem. Yesterday I was playing crysis and about 10-15 minutes of playing I get vertical lines on my screen of two different shades of same colour like you describes it. I tested furmark and it did the same thing. However when I play counterstrike I can play for hours without a hitch. Can anyone help me, the card is brand new less than a week old. It also has coil whine and buzzing. However crashing in games is worst. I like the card because I got it for cheap price and I dont want to spend too much on graphics cards.

If I return it and get a replacement. Am affraid that I will get a card with exact same issue. The card was sold in the companies own name cheaper than the exact same card, they even told me they got it for cheap from XFX and I supposed they have been sold a bad batch. I dont know am just saying stuff.

I’ve been away so you may have already resolved your problem…

I have a XFX 4850 512MB not XXX version and I am experiencing same problem. Yesterday I was playing crysis and about 10-15 minutes of playing I get vertical lines on my screen of two different shades of same colour like you describes it. I tested furmark and it did the same thing. However when I play counterstrike I can play for hours without a hitch.

Although it's not the XXX edition it does seem to be exhibiting all the hall marks of the same problem.

My card could play some games, seemingly perfectly, but crash continuously in others. But, as already covered within the thread, it would simulate the same screen/crash in Furmark consistently.

If your card is crashing in games (Crysis is a good benchmark) and consistently in Furmark then it’s a fairly good indicator that your card has the same problem. (it does need both these cryteria)

I would test with further games, just for clarification, and then contact your e-tailer.

I send it back to them. and they found it faulty and got my refund. I purchased a his 4890 instead that screams!!!!! buzzing and squealing but very good performance.

It seems that the solution has been found ;) Here's what a friend of mine has done to it: by using Riva Tuner 2.24c he downclocked the core clock from 650 Mhz to 599 Mhz. From then on, it works like a charm for every single game. The values may vary, 625 Mhz wasn't enough on my friend's comp, so you might have to look for whatever works for you guys. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom