Xpenology or unraid

Associate
OP
OK, feel free to point and laugh at me! Figured out my issue. I wrongly assumed after all the parity check etc (which took 7 hours), that my disk was set up. What I discovered this morning was that little check box about formatting the drive so it could mount. D'oh!!

Caporegime
OK, feel free to point and laugh at me! Figured out my issue. I wrongly assumed after all the parity check etc (which took 7 hours), that my disk was set up. What I discovered this morning was that little check box about formatting the drive so it could mount. D'oh!!
It's a learning process.

May I recommend you watch these videos, these are how I learnt about unraid and how best to use it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZDfnUn74N0WeAPvMqTOrtA

Associate
OP
I've seen some of his videos. Got some shares up and running and currently adding my files.
Any suggestions for dlna so I can stream to my TV? My TV can't find my server, and most people suggest plex etc. Never used it and understand there's a naming convention?
On xpe I could just link straight to server and stream

Soldato
Have a look at community applications, several are listed. Plex’s naming convention is basically as per IMDB etc. eg the way any normal person would have things named eg ‘Movie Name (2019)’ it’s not like that should be difficult surely?

Back
Top Bottom