Yodel - Speaking to a person

Soldato
Right, basically I've sold a monitor on ebay and sent it with Yodel. Few days later the buyer sends me this: http://i.imgur.com/MFymc.jpg

I packed it well enough. It's obviously been flung into a van or dropped or whatever.

So all I can find is their automated number for parcel tracking, I want to speak to a real person ASAP really. Does anyone per chance know how to get in touch with these people? Or even any advice what to do in this scenario?

Any help is appreciated.

TIA.

Looks like they've jabbed a biro into the screen. No droppage of the box would cause damage like that IMO.

Also, Yodel is crap. I've had 3 deliveries from them in my life and all three have arrived damaged.

Not likely from droppage no - but quite possible if another parcel had been thrown in and impacted it hard - and trust me having worked in goods despatch certain people don't treat things too respectfully.

Or maybe hes trying to pull a fast one, broke his old monitor, bought one of the same make online then claimed it got damaged to try and essentially get a free replacement monitor.

Apparently he reckons there was no way to see this damage without plugging it in. I'm not really an expert on monitors so I can't quite tell from that photo.

He did say his previous monitor has just **** its pants and died hence this purchase.

Did he send you a picture of the damage to the packaging?
Would certainly sound a bit dubious without it and yodel arent going to pay out on the basis of a picture of a broken monitor.
Thats clearly hit the sharp corner of something (or been hit!)

Foolishly, I never made a note of the serial number. He says the box was pretty beat up when it got there and he has photos of it which I'll ask him for just now.

I packed it with the actual screen on the bottom with the face of the monitor facing up towards the top, and the stand was packed on top of it. However, I put a sheet of cardboard over the monitor, wrapped it in plastic, used a LOT of bubble wrap and put a load of carrier bags in there for good measure specifically to put a stop to that happening. It must have really had some force behind it to get through all that.

Back
Top Bottom