You asked for 256GB for less than £100 and here it is!! Crucials V4!! IN STOCK & BENCHMARKED!!

Soldato
Hello

As has been said by many of you, your after a 256GB SSD for sub £100! Well here it is! Its Crucials V4 256GB SSD brought to you at £99.95inc VAT exclusively by OcUK! :D

Take a look below!

Crucial V4 256GB 2.5" SATA-II Solid State Hard Drive @ £99.95 inc VAT

HD-021-CR_400.jpg

The right drive
If you bought a computer before 2011 and you're looking to upgrade to an SSD, the Crucial® v4 SSD might be just what you're looking for. Designed to deliver substantial performance for mainstream computers, the Crucial v4 SSD was created to complement the abilities of your system. Since computers made before 2011 typically have slower data transfer capabilities than newer systems, they're best-suited for the Crucial v4 SSD, which was built with these transfer speeds in mind.

The right performance
The Crucial v4 SSD delivers everything you've come to expect from our award-winning line of SSDs: faster read/write speeds, faster boot times, faster application loading times, and increased reliability compared to traditional hard drives. We've taken all of our SSD expertise and fine-tuned it to deliver powerful performance for mainstream computers at an affordable price.

The right price
Why pay for performance you can't use? To complement your system, we thought it made sense to deliver a mainstream solution that would save you money while maintaining a high level of SSD performance. Since the Crucial v4 SSD doesn't include pricey features that cater to high-performance systems, we're able to offer a high-quality product at an affordable price.

Crucial—quality you can depend on
A Crucial® is a trusted name when it comes to SSDs, and that's no coincidence. As a brand of Micron, one of the world's leading manufacturers of SSDs, our engineers work tirelessly to design, refine, and support a powerful line of SSDs—'all the way down to the NAND component. From the award-winning Crucial m4 SSD to the new Crucial Adrenaline Solid State Cache Solution, we continue to innovate without sacrificing what has made us great: high-quality products backed by outstanding customer service.

Crucial SSDs. Performance you can trust.

*SATA 3Gb/s system setup 160GB Hitachi 5400 RPM Hard Drive, Intel DP67BG motherboard, Intel i5-2400 3.1GHz processor, BIOS Rev. 2111 (November 20, 2011), and chipset drivers Rev. 9.3.0.1019 using PCMark Vantage HDD test suite.

**SATA 6Gb/s system setup 160GB Hitachi 5400 RPM hard drive, Intel D975XBX2 motherboard, Intel P4 3.73GHz processor, BIOS Rev. 1859 (October 28, 2006), and chipset drivers Rev. 9.1.2.1008 using PCMark Vantage HDD test suite.

Performance level based on comparative PCMark Vantage HDD test scores gathered through benchmark testing in July 2012. Actual performance level may vary based on benchmark used and individual system configuration.

Features:-
- Delivers substantial SSD performance for mainstream computer systems (SATA 3Gb/s capable)
- Faster start-up times and faster system speeds compared to a traditional hard drive
- Compatible with PC/Mac®
- Three-year limited warranty

Technical Specifications:-
- Capacity (unformatted): 256GB
- Components: Micron® 25nm NAND Flash Memory, Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Dimensions: 98.9 mm x 68.75 mm x 7 mm or 9.5 mm
- Interface Speed: 3 Gb/s
- Seq Read (MB/s): 230MB/s
- Seq Write (MB/s): 190MB/s
- Random Read: 10K IOPS
- Random Write: 4K IOPS
- Latency Read 0.1ms
- Latency Write 0.1ms
- Form Factor: 2.5" 9.5mm
- 25nm Micron NAND for the best reliability
- Warranty: 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty

Was £129.95 Inc. VAT

Only £99.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Now the speeds may not be the greatest however what you need to remember is that its access times that transform your PC and this in day to day use will be no slower than any other drive on the market unless your into subjecting the drive to really heavy loads.

Take a look over the web at some reviews and you will see that Crucial have been up to their old tricks quoting tech specs far below what the drives can actually achieve making these even better value for money :D

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Considering this is actually a really top performance real world drive at this price, it deserves a full on:-

BLOODY SILLY PRICE! :D :D :D

You guys asked for a 256GB at £99.95, ourselves and Crucial have delivered! This deal is Exclusive to OcUK and is a PRE-ORDER ONLY PRICE!

Stock is expected to land Friday, so get those pre-orders in! :)

Soldato
Technical Specifications

- Capacity (unformatted): 128GB Mistake?
- Components: Micron® 25nm NAND Flash Memory, Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Dimensions: 98.9 mm x 68.75 mm x 7 mm or 9.5 mm
- Interface Speed: 3 Gb/s
- Seq Read (MB/s): 200
- Seq Write (MB/s): 190
- Random Read: 10K
- Random Write: 4K
- Latency Read (µs): 100
- Latency Write (µs): 100
- Warranty: 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty
[/SIZE]

Associate
Really nice price, wow

Technical Specifications

- Capacity (unformatted): 128GB

error in description me thinks or is the outside label on the drive only 256gb haha :p

Soldato
I guess once they come into stock, the price goes back upto £145.48? No chance of it being reduced from that? Say £120? :D :p Where did you guys even find this stuff?

Honestly tho, this is why I wanted the 256GB of the OCZ Agility 3. It would make for a perfect Steam games drive. I only hope there is some stock left after next week and hopefully the price is right again, then I might snatch one and do away with one of the 500GB mech drives sitting in my gaming machine. Already noticed considerable speed increase in my gaming on a couple of games installed on the 120GB SSD I got a few weeks back. :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
I guess once they come into stock, the price goes back upto £145.48? No chance of it being reduced from that? Say £120? :D :p Where did you guys even find this stuff?

Honestly tho, this is why I wanted the 256GB of the OCZ Agility 3. It would make for a perfect Steam games drive. I only hope there is some stock left after next week and hopefully the price is right again, then I might snatch one and do away with one of the 500GB mech drives sitting in my gaming machine. Already noticed considerable speed increase in my gaming on a couple of games installed on the 120GB SSD I got a few weeks back. :)

Yeah £145 is the recommended sell price, but yeah normal price shall be more around £120 :)

Associate
Not that im wanting to annoy anyone, but the first review i found, the summing up didnt sound all that great ;

http://thessdreview.com/our-reviews/crucial-v4-256gb-ssd-review-all-is-not-sata-3-just-yet/5/

"In examining Crucial marketing materials for the V4, one line really stood out which was ‘If you bought a computer before 2011′. That is the crowd that Crucial is intending to reach with the V4 and, if the price were to hit the right spot, we would have no problem recommending this SSD for the average Joe who is looking for that basic hard drive to SSD upgrade and doesn’t want to fork out an arm and a leg. Remember now, there are very few people that would ever be able to visibly tell the difference between the best and worst SSDs in typical computer use.

Conversely, if you have specific demanding tasks of your present day system and you are trying to ‘cheap out’ by purchasing this SSD, you are going to be extremely disappointed because it has not been manufactured for anything higher than it being an affordable SSD upgrade for a hard drive contained system. It will do exactly as it is meant to do which is provide a significantly faster start up time and it will show a very visible speed boost in your every day computer use. Think about it though. If your computer start time is reduced from over a minute to 15 seconds alone, is it not worth the investment?

Maybe as others have suggested, may be useful for a 2nd drive, or a steam drive, to speed up games from loading on a HDD.

OcUK Staff
Wouldnt make much difference over an M4 as a boot drive for 99% of users.

Its nice to have the fastest tech around but would you honestly see the benefits unless benching or transferring massive files? Doubtful to be honest.

This, a very quick real world performance drive for sure, using a great controller and good on paper specs. Ideal as a boot or storage drive.

Or just buy a pair and RAID 0 them! £200 for 512GB of SSD storage, BARGAIN! :D

OcUK Staff
Maybe as others have suggested, may be useful for a 2nd drive, or a steam drive, to speed up games from loading on a HDD.

Seriously such comments seem to come from those who are either expecting way too much or not actually done much experimenting with SSD's.

My reasoning:-

1. Upgrading a laptop 5400rpm 320GB HDD using 1x Single Samsung 30GB SSD with 100mb/s read and 80mb/s write. The performance boost to the laptop was simply incredible, was night and day difference!!!

2. Upgrading a 10,000rpm WD Raptor in my desktop PC with 2x Samsung 30GB SSD setup in RAID, so just under 200MB/s read and 150MB/s write. The difference, again similar to the laptop, a massive improvement in Windows BOOT times, browsing photo thumbnails and everything loading considerably faster. Oh and no more Raptor noise, SILENCE! :D

Fact is this Crucial V4 drive is more than twice the speed of those old Samsungs I was using with a far more modern Marvell controller. These drives will transform any PC or Notebook using a traditional HDD whether as a boot drive or storage drive.

A really old/slow SSD will still make a HDD seem slow, especially as a boot drive. These are a fast modern drive with a decent controller!

To put it simply if your unhappy with the drive, send it back with our 14 day satisfaction guarantee, but anyone upgrading over an HDD as a boot or storage drive will not be dissapointed. :)

For the money this is a modern SSD with good performance at an unbeatable price! If you want the fastest, then you got to pays your money and spend over £200 for the same capacity, at which point a pair of these in RAID will not be far behind and give you double the capacity. :)

Back
Top Bottom