You asked for 256GB for less than £100 and here it is!! Crucials V4!! IN STOCK & BENCHMARKED!!

Associate
I have tried BF3 on my M4 and on one of those cheap sandisk sata2 drives that were on offer a while back and there's really no noticable difference in loading times.
Ideal games drive! Nothing wrong with it as a main drive either for 99% of people.

Associate
Hi Gibbo,
Sorry, wasn't trying to **** off the product, just trying to point out as you say, dont expect this drive to wipe the floor compared to its Sandforce rivals.

Interesting, your 14 day guarantee, would that actually covered the drive onced its been installed and used for a few days ? I thought it would have to be faulty to be covered by that ?

OcUK Staff
Hi Gibbo,
Sorry, wasn't trying to **** off the product, just trying to point out as you say, dont expect this drive to wipe the floor compared to its Sandforce rivals.

Interesting, your 14 day guarantee, would that actually covered the drive onced its been installed and used for a few days ? I thought it would have to be faulty to be covered by that ?

Yes that is the whole point of the 14 days, UK law is 7 days, we give double. :D

Seriously in real world performance and usage you'd find it hard to notice the difference between one of these and one of the newer SandForce SATA3 drives for real world OS use and loading games. :)

OcUK Staff
probably not going to happen as the 512 still has a massive premium... Ill have a look to see if this is possible in the not so distant future.

I tried to buy some Adata drives at £200 our cost PLUS VAT, they told me I was smoking the pipe and to DO ONE!

Also NAND pricing is moving back up. :(

We secured this deal last week, our cost on this drive is already £20 higher, so we may finally be at the bottom on SSD pricing, at least for next few weeks anyway. Christmas will be interested, could go up or down!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

GOOD NEWS! We got the spec wrong, Read speed is 230MB/s not 200MB/s, so a tad quicker!

Also remember this uses Micron NAND, hence the reliability is on par with Intel drives. :)

OcUK Staff
How long is this deal expected to last for? Same amount of stock as the OCZ deal?

Unfortunately Crucial put a CAP on the quantity we could buy, we wanted 10,000, but they capped us at 1000pc and we've already set 500 units aside for internal use.

So we've only got 500pc for this deal, on the OCZ deals we had thousands!

Back
Top Bottom