You asked for 256GB for less than £100 and here it is!! Crucials V4!! IN STOCK & BENCHMARKED!!

My gf's laptop has an eSATA/USB 2.0 combo slot for an external drives. If i gets this, can i install a separate Windows on it and boot that one up instead of that that the lappy comes with, using it as an external drive viat the eSATA port?

Funck! I just ordered a 128mb M4 this morning, now you have this and got me thinking, I'm just an average user so might not notice any real world difference between sata2 and sata3 ssd's.

Will cancel my order now (competitor) and have a thorough think and read...

Funck! I just ordered a 128mb M4 this morning, now you have this and got me thinking, I'm just an average user so might not notice any real world difference between sata2 and sata3 ssd's.

Will cancel my order now (competitor) and have a thorough think and read...

If you could do with the extra storage, definitely go for this one.

We wanted samsung 830 or m4 will wait longer.

The 830 goes up September 30th too £150-£160, potentially higher!

2 reasons:-
1. Samsung Cashback Promo Ends 30th September, so NO MORE £20 cashback!
2. NAND pricing is moving upwards!

So its never gonna happen on the 830, we tried our hardest with Samsung and they said nope, pricing is increasing and adviced customers to buy now whilst Cashback promotion is still running!

The 830 goes up September 30th too £150-£160, potentially higher!

2 reasons:-
1. Samsung Cashback Promo Ends 30th September, so NO MORE £20 cashback!
2. NAND pricing is moving upwards!

So its never gonna happen on the 830, we tried our hardest with Samsung and they said nope, pricing is increasing and adviced customers to buy now whilst Cashback promotion is still running!

How much room is there on this drive once its ready to use ?

found out

Total capacity of all memory modules (32GB x 8) is 256GB, however, formatting leaves an end user capacity of 238GB..

Last edited:
www.google.co.uk

search

NAND pricing news

read

Come back to thread.

Samsung 830 series and M4... unrealistic to ask for that, V4 is a good deal considering. Well done guys.

My reply... "thanks mate :)"

Well Toshiba cut the price by 20 - 25% last week :D

A select quote

"Full on price war started today. I just got news from ******, all [our] SSDs are getting cut by around 25%"

Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/25738...20_to_25_today/index.html#bT0t1yD37EBlO1r6.99

Its a very volatile picture.

Well Toshiba cut the price by 20 - 25% last week :D

A select quote

"Full on price war started today. I just got news from ******, all [our] SSDs are getting cut by around 25%"

Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/25738...20_to_25_today/index.html#bT0t1yD37EBlO1r6.99

Its a very volatile picture.

Well Samsung, Adata have increased pricing. Intel no change!

Only OCZ have moved pricing down marginally, were seeing pricing has settled for now with some making increases and were speaking to manufacturers and factories directly. :)

We shall see, but for now Crucial with this V4 have the best price in the market and it might not be the fastest but it is one of the most reliable. :)

Back
Top Bottom