Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
Got some silicone should be turning up any minute, so will give that a try for now and see how it goes, sounds like the tunze is the better one though so if I'm still having issues I'll upgrade to that, cheers for the feedback :)

Soldato
Lol, is it really that bad?

Just realised I'm an idiot... Was sticking it on the side glass... Which is frosted on the inside as well as the outside :rolleyes::p

Stuck it on the clear glass on the back now, with a little dab of silicon sealant all the way round the edge, so fingers crossed it will stay in place this time!

Last edited:
Soldato
When it works it good. It's just the most basic way of doing it, having to rely on a suction thingy, and the way the float can get stuck occasionally. The last few years a lot of companies have made more hi tech products. Of course the price of these products is more, but then marine tanks are not cheap!

Associate
Changed my mind again about keeping my tank for my move, decided to sell. Seems that second hand tanks go for next to nothing, so I'll be making a huge loss. Still, so long as this little guy gets treated well post sale I don't mind so much
21740839_10159375608065296_2052787608392336400_o.jpg

Soldato
Yup totally normal on a new tank.

Excellent :)

Should I add a few snails in the next few days or wait for it to develop further so they have more to eat?

My Tunze 9004 turned up today, much quieter than the fluval one!

I'm afraid I've got some lights on the way as well, pair of Kessils, mounts and the controller for £300 on eBay... Couldn't say no at that price! ;)

Pics to follow when they turn up (hopefully tomorrow).

Is it worth thinking about setting up a refugium in the sump with some chaeto to reduce nitrates? Or is that something to consider further down the road?

Soldato
Excellent :)

Should I add a few snails in the next few days or wait for it to develop further so they have more to eat?

My Tunze 9004 turned up today, much quieter than the fluval one!

I'm afraid I've got some lights on the way as well, pair of Kessils, mounts and the controller for £300 on eBay... Couldn't say no at that price! ;)

Pics to follow when they turn up (hopefully tomorrow).

Is it worth thinking about setting up a refugium in the sump with some chaeto to reduce nitrates? Or is that something to consider further down the road?
I would wait a week or two before any clean up crew go in, give them something decent to get into, very nice lights the kessils, no worries mate, I should be able to sell mine on at a fair price, refugium definitely if you have the space, great for copepods aswell, a lot of keepers use the lights on the refugium when the main lights go off, keeps the co2 and PH levels in check.

Soldato
It looks great Haggisman!! Not long until the first fish! :D

Cheers :) probably a few weeks still, looks like we're going to be away the next couple of weekends, so it's going to have to wait a while anyway, at least we'll know it's definitely cycled though!

Tempted to replace that big powerhead with another sw-4 as they're much smaller and quieter, but rated for the same flow rate, would having it higher up not reduce the flow on the bottom of the tank and leave dead spots around the rocks?

Soldato
Cheers :) probably a few weeks still, looks like we're going to be away the next couple of weekends, so it's going to have to wait a while anyway, at least we'll know it's definitely cycled though!

Tempted to replace that big powerhead with another sw-4 as they're much smaller and quieter, but rated for the same flow rate, would having it higher up not reduce the flow on the bottom of the tank and leave dead spots around the rocks?

I like to have the powerheads about a third down from the top. With 2 of them and a decent return pump there should be enough flow in the tank. When you get algae growing on the rocks you will see how well they are all working, as it will sway with the flow. Do you have the return nozzle making some surface agitation? This is important to oxygenate the water.

Soldato
The Maxspect Gyre is a great pump for flow, infact i had one in my basket today along with the new radion pro gen 4, i managed to hold back :D for the time being, ecotech are having a sale on the mp40 etc at the moment which kind of means there could be a new model on the way given past history.

Soldato
My Reef about a month ago, lost my silver belly wrasse in that pic with jumping through a very tiny gap where the lighting brackets are, was my fav fish that. :(

Shame about the Wrasse, but that's a spectacular tank mate. Mine never got to that stage, I kept moving home and having to start again. Now I'm settled in my own place, but I'm starting kidney dialysis soon and having an aquarium isn't practical health wise.

Back
Top Bottom