Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
Currently housing 4 mollies, 5 guppies, 3 shrimp and 3 assassin snails.

https://i.imgur.com/OkXi5jf.jpg

Looks good, i do like those 3d backgrounds.
Had that tank, filter and gravel at one point for a female beta tank :) Nice bit of wood you got there. irc that plant on the left is more for terrariums so it may die off in the coming weeks. (or thats just my excuse for dying on me!..)

Associate
Anyone been able to buy a fluval Rome package and swap the pump and pay extra or get a store credit. Looking to get a Roma 200 and an external filter and the Roma comes with an internal one ?
Thanks

Soldato
I have a U1 in a small tank which is basically the same thing, just smaller.

Some would say it’s too small but I’d say it’s adequate but only just. Plastics and motor are good quality but as I’m sure you’ll be aware it’s an ugly black box in the tank.

Associate
I have a U1 in a small tank which is basically the same thing, just smaller.

Some would say it’s too small but I’d say it’s adequate but only just. Plastics and motor are good quality but as I’m sure you’ll be aware it’s an ugly black box in the tank.
Hi yes that’s why I would go external, but will give it another week or so to keep looking for a used set up
Thanks

Associate
Looks good, i do like those 3d backgrounds.
Had that tank, filter and gravel at one point for a female beta tank :) Nice bit of wood you got there. irc that plant on the left is more for terrariums so it may die off in the coming weeks. (or thats just my excuse for dying on me!..)

You are correct, and the plant has already started splitting, I will have to replace it going forward.

Associate
A few photos of my current setup and some of its occupants...

fcfjOsY.jpg

IdOXNIO.jpg
A small group of Rhombo Barbs

IdOXNIO

shGTKAn.jpg
Red Tailed Black Shark called Bruce

PwGRGem.jpg
Our Bulldog Pleco called Dave

oy4LkYL.jpg
One of our Zebra Loaches

x9gX05A.jpg
And a very large shrimp that the wife just HAD to have.

Im due to deploy to the Falklands again in Feb but once I return we plan to either upgrade to a larger tank or start a new venture in Marine Tanks.

Soldato
Anyone here keep fish only or fish only with live rock tanks? I used to keep several tanks over 10 years ago including reef systems but have always wanted a decent fish only tank as I can't be bothered with the hassle of owning corals, and the more "reef unsafe" fish have always fascinated me.

Soldato
I did it once with a small trigger fish.
Did have a massive problem with algae on the rocks once though and some sort of seaweed plant, can't remember the details really, was a good 15+ years ago.
I do remember spending the day taking out rocks to scrub with a toothbrush and buying a UV unit.

After that it went pretty smoothly, the seaweed kept coming back, but I encouraged it, I would take the rock out and put it into my reef tank for the day. Tangs went crazy for it.

I think the problem with most "reef unsafe" fish is that they can be messy eaters and they tend to end up eating your cleaning crew. So some sort of mechanical filtration does help.

Back
Top Bottom