Your experience with OLED burn-in

So still going through this. First repair, panel swap and got it back with even more dead pixels then it went with! Second attempt, new panel, same problem. Whole rows of dead pixels. Picked up Thursday for attempt number 3, I don't hold out much hope.
i dont get this.... do they not check their repair after carrying it out?

could you imagine your car going in for a major repair and them not checking to see if it was fixed after carrying out their work?

i have just bought a new oled (S90C samsung). it will only be used for gaming so fingers crossed no issues. on the bright side i dont play the same game for hrs and hrs........ on the not so bright side i imagine windows task bar may be a killer.

My c7 has horrendous burn in. Yellows look green. Still going strong other than that.

My C2 has zero screen burn and is used for gaming and movies.

Would definitely go for oled again even though the C7 has ended up the way it has.

My c7 has horrendous burn in. Yellows look green. Still going strong other than that.

My C2 has zero screen burn and is used for gaming and movies.

Would definitely go for oled again even though the C7 has ended up the way it has.
You'd hope that every generation gets better in terms of burn in anyway.

You'd hope that every generation gets better in terms of burn in anyway.

is it model or specific panel dependant ? ie just wondered if like with CPUs running at a set frequency some need to run at higher voltages/power to run at that frequency

I game on a Plasma every day and no real burn-in (ZT65) except for a couple of very very slightly darker areas on a white screen after 10 years but do have temporary IR

this is after circa 250 hours of playing Stardew on it Co-op with my daughter so it's doing pretty well !

I have a CX55 from 2021 and a C2 from 2023 and both get a lot of gaming and general viewing use. Happy to say that there is no burn in at all on either.

is it model or specific panel dependant ? ie just wondered if like with CPUs running at a set frequency some need to run at higher voltages/power to run at that frequency

I game on a Plasma every day and no real burn-in (ZT65) except for a couple of very very slightly darker areas on a white screen after 10 years but do have temporary IR

this is after circa 250 hours of playing Stardew on it Co-op with my daughter so it's doing pretty well !
I imagine anyone with a LG C6, B6, C7 or B7 has burn in by now. From my own research they seem to be the worst affected, and then LG changed some things in the panel for later released models. The models I refer to are from 2016 and 2017, so early OLED tech.

I had the C7 and had horrendous screen burn after 3 years.

rp2000

C9 here with no burn in at all. Heavily used with both games and TV.

My parents c7 is the same. No burn in but seems to not like turning on these days

Last edited:
I have owned OLEDs since the dawn of OLED phones and the Samsung Galaxy S2 and the first batches of Samsung OLED tvs... never had a single one with screen burn.

Not experienced any Burn in myself to be honest, I have the following

Sony A9G (4 years old)
Sony A95K (1.5 years old)

Usage is a mix of movies/tv series and Apple Music, so occasionally I do leave the album art/lyrics on display.

Back
Top Bottom