Your Favorite N64 Games?

Soldato
Mario Kart 64 as it has a sentimental value to me as me and my old man used to play it very competitively on skyscraper when I was a kid.

Honourable mentions go to:
Mario 64 - Part exchanged it many times for other games but always wanted it back
Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64)
Pokemon Stadium

My N64 and games that I've had since I was a kid over 20 years ago.

emztPqM.jpg

I did have Banjo And Kazooie, but where that's gone is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wcw vs nwo revenge and wwf no mercy.
N64 was the go to console for wrestling games for me. Gameplay was better paced

I was never much into wrestling, but I absolutely loved WWF Warzone on the N64. Being able to create your own wrestler was really cool and it was just a solid fighting game in general.

Permabanned
I feel haunted that like another poster the pc came and i think i must have sold it and missed Perfect Dark and Majoras Mask. That sucks i feel robbed but i was there! Best ever console period i know people who missed this and boy i feel bad for them.

This was Nintendo at thier best, With Rare the super developer also at thier very peak. Literally all the games mentioned here i loved but Mario 64 and Zelda and Goldeneye were insane for the time. I mean imagine Nintendo today they are a shadow of what it was then. Going from 2D to 3D and having Nintendo quality! Today Nintendo are miles behind on hardware and really thiers no comparison at all to how it felt to jump through paintings into worlds in 3D. And Goldeneye and WCW Nitro Revenge we had four of us who played this multiplayer to death. The matches were insane that was a first too right? So many massive leaps came with that console.

Today they would need to have some kind of VR 8k 120hz mindblowing console to even compare to that. It is why i do not own a Switch it literally looks terrrible at 60fps compared to PC today. I really wish they would just become a software company and make cutting edge multiplatform games. It would at least give them a platform what they do now especially breath of the wild is like drawing the monalisa on toiletpaper as a doodle. Give your artists a cutting edge platform. And they still wont release Majoras Mask HD either anyways so rant over! :p

Soldato
Today they would need to have some kind of VR 8k 120hz mindblowing console to even compare to that. It is why i do not own a Switch it literally looks terrrible at 60fps compared to PC today. I really wish they would just become a software company and make cutting edge multiplatform games. It would at least give them a platform what they do now especially breath of the wild is like drawing the monalisa on toiletpaper as a doodle. Give your artists a cutting edge platform. And they still wont release Majoras Mask HD either anyways so rant over! :p

You do realise that Goldeneye ran at about 20-30fps?

Caporegime
I feel haunted that like another poster the pc came and i think i must have sold it and missed Perfect Dark and Majoras Mask. That sucks i feel robbed but i was there! Best ever console period i know people who missed this and boy i feel bad for them.

This was Nintendo at thier best, With Rare the super developer also at thier very peak. Literally all the games mentioned here i loved but Mario 64 and Zelda and Goldeneye were insane for the time. I mean imagine Nintendo today they are a shadow of what it was then. Going from 2D to 3D and having Nintendo quality! Today Nintendo are miles behind on hardware and really thiers no comparison at all to how it felt to jump through paintings into worlds in 3D. And Goldeneye and WCW Nitro Revenge we had four of us who played this multiplayer to death. The matches were insane that was a first too right? So many massive leaps came with that console.

Have you tried a switch? It's up there with the best consoles ever, IMO. Games run smooth, the graphics are outstanding (for what it is).

Permabanned
You do realise that Goldeneye ran at about 20-30fps?

Yea so did Ocarina no one noticed look at the dates... It was cutting edge 3D gaming 30fps or 60fps. Whats cutting edge today? 4k 144hz look at where Nintendo are at 900p 30fps on Zelda! They are not in the same league Zelda would need to of been 4k 120fps minimum to compare to how good the N64 was.

@Begbie no i am not prepared to either until they offer OLED on it, From Youtube it looks poor but i got a 280hz display so i am spoiled. I would like to of played Mario though.

Man of Honour
Only N64 games I have real fond feelings towards are, Mario Kart 64, Pilotwings 64, Rogue Squadron, F-Zero X

All the others... Eeeeeh....

Man of Honour
I loved the N64. My older brother picked up his on day 1 and was 2nd in the queue at Dixons to pick it up. We played Mario 64 and by golly did it not dissapoint. Something very magical about that system to me. No updates, no downloads 1 second and you're in hearing 'It's a me Mario'

I got one a couple of years later and not including the obvious my favourite games were:

Diddy Kong Racing
Mario Tennis
Wave Race
Pilotwings

I aced all of those games.

Pet Northerner
Don
In no particular order:
Mario 64
Both Zelda games
Blast corps
Mario Kart
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
DK64
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Banjo Kazooie
Jet Force Gemini
Pilotwings64
Shadows of the Empire
Rogue Squadron
Starfox
F-Zero
Smash Brothers 64
WWF No Mercy

Associate
Robotron 64, Space Station Silicon Valley and Perfect Dark.

Also 1080, Fighters Destiny, Snowboard kids 1&2, conker and Wave Race were all great.

I've just remembered Top Gear Rally which I put many hours into.

*Edit* How could I forget Pilot Wings 64 another gem

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom