Your Favourite cases of all time Ranked

Soldato
What are your Favourite cases of all time ranked ?

Which case would you want to get next and if you could design a case what would it feature and look like ?

For me I was a big fan of coolermaster

Favourite cases.
1 Cm stacker 830 - It looked good was all aluminium, it had the room and the features. and the fact you could just shut the door to cover the mismatched drive colours.
2. Cosmos 2 - Was modern had the look and features
3. Haf- x came out reasonably priced was feature rich and had good airflow
4. Phanteclks Primo, It was new company but had some great features
5. Phanteks evolv modern design great features had the room but was not massive
6 DARK BASE 900 - Not much to look at but was feature rich modular design
7. Thermaltake Kandalf LCS - I just liked the fact it look different

What I would like to see next and what features I would add

Design - I would want something beyond the basic box, like the cosmos 2 stacker 830 evolv

All aluminium or at least all metal as far possible, one glass side, airflow and noise reduction.

Feature - I would take modern features from the evolv x and Dark Base 900

Soldato
I like weird or different cases, hence my current set of cases so will usually sacrifice cooling or something (though all are liquid cooled anyways)
  1. In Win Tou - Okay some bias here, but absolutely love this case. Nothing aside from the 2.0 version quiet like it. Going from full mirror when off to transparent when on is very cool. 2.0 improved things size wise, but design wise prefer the original. Plenty of more practical cases, but nothing quiet like it. Have cooling going into a discreet external radiator otherwise cooling the current system housed in it is hard.
  2. In Win S Frame - another weird case but loved this one also. Was close to picking it up myself in rare silver finish which I later found out was a press sample cheekily being sold. Was stunning also.
  3. Phanteks Evolv / X - if I ever went for a more mainstream case, this one would likely be it, love the evolv X.
  4. Lian Li - 011, quiet like the Dynamic and also the WGX ROG version. Both are different through but look great.
  5. NZXT H440 - Don't know why, something about this case, plain, straightforward and shows the pretty bits, but its a neat little package
  6. NZXT Phantom 820 - absolute behemoth of a case, had one for a bit before passing to brother. fitted a trio of 200mm Noctua fans in addition to 3 140mm fans and thing is a wind tunnel on full pelt. Not that it matters as brother has fitted in a locked 4690 which looks lost in that case hah
  7. Lian Li 05SX - one of my cases currently, looks amazing, well built and was a hard challenge to build in as a stuffed in a custom loop. Cooling is meh, but not awful as its under water
  8. Corsair 570x - Personally while any lighting I have is low and / or left on white. This case does look great in unicorn puke mode
If I could have a case or one I would like, it would be my Tou case as is, but with some of the 2.0 features. Like no exterior bolts and bigger size. The design and shape I would like to keep the same. Also would love that Nvidia "battlebox" rendered PC. Know its not real and looks childish (though so do my current cases to some!), but I want one :p

Soldato
OP
I've still got each of those Coolermaster cases in use at the moment. ;) I really like the look of the C700M but have others I'd want to get before one of those.
Lucky you, I still have the haf-xbut sold the stacker 830 due to not having the room at the time and never got the cosmos 2 due to the price.
I like weird or different cases, hence my current set of cases so will usually sacrifice cooling or something (though all are liquid cooled anyways)
  1. In Win Tou - Okay some bias here, but absolutely love this case. Nothing aside from the 2.0 version quiet like it. Going from full mirror when off to transparent when on is very cool. 2.0 improved things size wise, but design wise prefer the original. Plenty of more practical cases, but nothing quiet like it. Have cooling going into a discreet external radiator otherwise cooling the current system housed in it is hard.
  2. In Win S Frame - another weird case but loved this one also. Was close to picking it up myself in rare silver finish which I later found out was a press sample cheekily being sold. Was stunning also.
  3. Phanteks Evolv / X - if I ever went for a more mainstream case, this one would likely be it, love the evolv X.
  4. Lian Li - 011, quiet like the Dynamic and also the WGX ROG version. Both are different through but look great.
  5. NZXT H440 - Don't know why, something about this case, plain, straightforward and shows the pretty bits, but its a neat little package
  6. NZXT Phantom 820 - absolute behemoth of a case, had one for a bit before passing to brother. fitted a trio of 200mm Noctua fans in addition to 3 140mm fans and thing is a wind tunnel on full pelt. Not that it matters as brother has fitted in a locked 4690 which looks lost in that case hah
  7. Lian Li 05SX - one of my cases currently, looks amazing, well built and was a hard challenge to build in as a stuffed in a custom loop. Cooling is meh, but not awful as its under water
  8. Corsair 570x - Personally while any lighting I have is low and / or left on white. This case does look great in unicorn puke mode
If I could have a case or one I would like, it would be my Tou case as is, but with some of the 2.0 features. Like no exterior bolts and bigger size. The design and shape I would like to keep the same. Also would love that Nvidia "battlebox" rendered PC. Know its not real and looks childish (though so do my current cases to some!), but I want one :p
In-win does have some really nice limited edition cases but the cost is always very high.
H-Towe, S-Frame, D-Frame 2.0, tòu 2.0

The In Win 805 is a nice case and reasonable whichh I would add to my list.
NZXT H440 is a very nice clean simple case - out of all the simple case its one of my favourites, like you said - don't know why, something about this case, plain, straightforward and shows the pretty bits, but its a neat little package

my Fractal design r4, plain and quiet.
I dont know why but most Fractal design cases reminds me of the Antec p190

Soldato
Lucky you, I still have the haf-xbut sold the stacker 830 due to not having the room at the time and never got the cosmos 2 due to the price.
The HAF-X is the only one I bought new . The Cosmos 2 cost me £70 in great condition from a lovely bloke in Bath and the Stacker was free with some other stuff. I had to slighty mod the Stacker to accept a Dual Xeon motherboard though the cooling on there is perfect so I can use it virtually silenty.

Soldato
OP
The HAF-X is the only one I bought new . The Cosmos 2 cost me £70 in great condition from a lovely bloke in Bath and the Stacker was free with some other stuff. I had to slighty mod the Stacker to accept a Dual Xeon motherboard though the cooling on there is perfect so I can use it virtually silenty.
I did consider getting them over the years but I only have one PC and I dont have the room so I could not justify buying them just because like them.

I did look at the Cooler Master C700P for my next case but it just does not have looks or the feature to be a modern cosmos, which is why I think it does not have the cosmos name. For the last few years I think coolermaster has been going down hill, Not much like it use to do.

Soldato
Before I bought the Silverstone Fortress FT02, I'd only ever had generic ATX towers of varying quality, so the Fortress is the only one I can nominate. I'm actually still using it now, but my next build will see me swap down to ITX, so a pretty drastic change!

The FT02 is brilliant though and I'll hang onto it for the long term. It has a few limitations that should have been addressed with later models (cable management, AIO cooler support etc). The footprint is huge too. They did reduce this by getting rid of the 5.25 drive bays in the FT05, but didn't refine anything else. The 05 also lost the unibody aluminium design which was a huge step backwards.

For cooling though (especially if you don't want to go water), the FT02 is a beast, and I really found it a quiet system. The three large intake fans could be run on lower speeds, and with the case on the floor (or a low shelf in my situation), the fans were pretty much at my feet. And it was really useful having easy access to all the rear IO ports.

A great case, and one whose design they should go back to.

Associate
Cooler Master HAF 932, still using one after 8 years and the fans have remained whisper quiet (2 X 230mm ones). Ridiculously good airflow, the only thing it's missing is USB3 and dust filters. Sure, it's not the best looking case but it's kept multiple setups cool. I am starting to look for a replacement now however, the Phanteks Eclipse P600S looking a very good choice.

Soldato
Lian li PC65. I adored that case and still regret binning it to this day. Looked so nice in silver and was so well built. The pullout motherboard tray was such a good feature too.

Associate
For me personally it is;

1] Silverstone FT-02. I still use this case and have recently gone custom wc loop in it. Tight fit but it works. Have yet to see another case that I'd rather have.
2] Coolermaster Stacker 810. I still have this case and it's only not in use because I got the FT-02. Huge case, so much space for absolutely anything and everything.

I'd really like Silverstone to do the a decent update on the FT-02 with WC support and more space for cable routing. Nothing that they have released up to now has bettered the FT-02.

240 rad in the bottom and 120 rad in the top, both 60mm thick. Bayres with D5.
jPIGQ4t.jpg

Associate
Corsair Air 540 i believe it was? I loved that case but not the acrylic side panel.
Nzxt s340 elite current case its fine does the job well.

I am looking at the Fractal s2 meshify next.

Back
Top Bottom