Your favourite chilli sauce is?

Associate
I'm a fan of Sriracha, go through a bottle a month or so but I do find the flavour and heat varies from bottle to bottle. Sometimes it'll blow your socks off, others it'll dispatch vampires and the undead with it's garlic prowess and then other times it's a suitable condiment for patients recovering from surgery. i.e not heat at all.
love it too;)

Soldato
Just made one today... omg it's nice but so hot. I put in about 20 of my home grown chilies (bhuts, carolina reapers, 7 pot katie, scotch bonnets and more) and then garlic, red onion, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, peach, mango, dark brown sugar, salt and finished off with some cider vinegar. It's the nicest one I've made, but also face meltingly hot.

Soldato
interesting programme on more4 last night - secrets of superfactories ... making tabasco ..... now need to find their scorpion sauce, or is it a USA exclusive

Soldato
Just made one today... omg it's nice but so hot. I put in about 20 of my home grown chilies (bhuts, carolina reapers, 7 pot katie, scotch bonnets and more) and then garlic, red onion, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, peach, mango, dark brown sugar, salt and finished off with some cider vinegar. It's the nicest one I've made, but also face meltingly hot.

Very nice. My go-to sauce is also homemade from a load of previous seasons peppers that I had to clear out to make room in the freezer (Trinidad scorpions, possibly bhut jolokias, habaneros, scotch bonnetts, and god knows what else - there were a lot). It's a sweet, fruity sauce and goes really well with most things but has one hell of a kick that's caught a few people off guard despite warning them beforehand.

Soldato
Very nice. My go-to sauce is also homemade from a load of previous seasons peppers that I had to clear out to make room in the freezer (Trinidad scorpions, possibly bhut jolokias, habaneros, scotch bonnetts, and god knows what else - there were a lot). It's a sweet, fruity sauce and goes really well with most things but has one hell of a kick that's caught a few people off guard despite warning them beforehand.
Ha this one keeps catching me off guard! It's so fruity but just seriously mean at the same time.

Soldato
Sainsburys/Tesco etc all now do one by a brand called Mahi - Bhut Jolokia stuff, and its divine, hot, but not too hot, it goes on a lot of my foods nowadays - even stuff it shouldn't really go on!!! :D

Mahi I’ve had were very good :) and above most of the brands like econa etc

Soldato
I actually think Encona Original is one of the nicest all rounders. Hot but not too hot and a great taste that goes well with everything.

Associate
Gah, the wife has just used up the last of her Predator Great White Shark and I can't buy it anywhere, does anyone have some pointers for a similar taste?

Here's a bit of info:

• Ingredients: Wine vinegar, ripe Habanero Peppers, pepper extract, tomato, mustard, pineapple, papaya, banana, water, sugar and real fruit juices.
  • Scoville Heat Units 175,000

BwG3aB7.jpg

Soldato
While some are a lot better than others, I tend to avoid sauces that have vinegar as their most prevalent ingredient as that's all I can seem to taste in them.

Ehhh, that's what sauce is. You need the acidity to stop it going off.
Make your own without but it will only keep a few days in the fridge.

Soldato
Encona Hot Sauce. Not burn your mouth off hot but I put it in literally everything from scrambled eggs to even having it with my Sunday Roast.

Probably be hard pressed to find a Caribbean household without that in the cupboard! That and the cheap Dunns river hot sauce for about 60p.

Soldato
for those who have made sauces, how long do they normally keep for?

i made some with some north indian king naga chilli's and its like eating lava but also delicious to boot.

im half way through a jar but have an unopened jar also (sterilised jar prior to filling)

Soldato
Sean Evans Reveals the Season 11 Hot Sauce Lineup | Hot Ones

Hot Ones returns 2/6 @ 11am EST! Los Calientes Rojo drops 2/6 on Heatonist.com! And the brand-new series "Hot Ones: The Game Show" hits truTV 2/18! It's going to be a very spicy month ahead, but first things first: It's time to unveil the starting lineup of spice for Season 11. This time around, we're excited to introduce a whole cast of new makers to table, bringing the heat from Ontario, Australia, Fiji, and all corners of the globe. Welcome back, spice lords!

another season of hot ones, should be good

Soldato
for those who have made sauces, how long do they normally keep for?

i made some with some north indian king naga chilli's and its like eating lava but also delicious to boot.

im half way through a jar but have an unopened jar also (sterilised jar prior to filling)

I've got a bottle I made over a year ago from a variety of super-hot varieties. Still good, and I open it regularly.

I'd be surprised if anything can survive in there tbh, it's pretty fiery.

Back
Top Bottom