Your iPhone - Unlocked or O2 contract?

Soldato
Wait for upgraded version or see what the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 is like.

Hmm.

I cant decide what to do tbh, my contract is up soon, and i want an iPhone, and the 3G isnt really needed for me tbh, it'd be used for WiFi & O2 Data or T-Mobile Data and Texting.

Unless i get one now and sell it on later perhaps.

I want a new gadget :(.

Associate
Hmm.

I cant decide what to do tbh, my contract is up soon, and i want an iPhone, and the 3G isnt really needed for me tbh, it'd be used for WiFi & O2 Data or T-Mobile Data and Texting.

You don't need 3G buy one now.

Soldato
Hmm.

Just get one mate. I was in the same position, contract is up in June and I was gonna wait but I bit the bullet and it arrived yesterday. Chuffed to bits with it, only problem is I'm scared to take it anywhere incase I drop it :(

Whilst on the subject. Would people reccommend a screen protector? If so which one? Keeping the one that came with it on atm but its gonna wear off any day I sense :( Ordered a white incase slider as a main case.

Ripped a 3 hour man utd DVD to it yesterday, 2.58GB and its awesome quality :D Gonna stick some movies on it when I go on holiday :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Still think i'll get a screen protector even if its just to stop fingerprints and what not.

Will it harm the battery leaving the iPhone in the dock while I'm sitting at my PC for hours on end?

Last edited:
Associate
I don't use one. The thing's near impossible to scratch. If you hit it hard enough to scratch it, you're going to crack it. No film protector's going to help then ;)

Yes, true. I only got the screen protector as it is now almost impossible to leave a fingerprint on it

Associate
I really want an iphone as my current phone is rubbish.

Being a student I can't afford the monthly plan and was wondering if I should buy an unlocked one. I think I will wait for the next update but what are the disadvantages to having an unlocked iPhone?

Associate
I just searched this forum for iphone since my contract with orange ends on the 10th, i think i'm going to get the 16gb instead of the 8gb now student loan just came through. I searched because i wanted to know if it was worth waiting for the 3G iphone but from the replies it seems that it isn't. Thanks for all the info, as for the screen protector buy the one from apple 10 quid it's great, i used the touch version on my itouch.

Associate
I'm a little worried after unlocking and jail breaking the iPhone using your great guide! It keeps saying no service, which means I can' t make a call! Any way to fix this? It's version 1.1.4
btw I' m typing this on the phone,it's great:)
it also says network not available!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a little worried after unlocking and jail breaking the iPhone using your great guide! It keeps saying no service, which means I can' t make a call! Any way to fix this? It's version 1.1.4
btw I' m typing this on the phone,it's great:)
it also says network not available!

It seems that can happen sometimes. The best thing to do is to re-jailbreak it and it usually sorts it. :)

Back
Top Bottom