Your PC pets hates

Associate
memory leaks on firefox. granted i'm using an old version, but reading reviews it doesn't seem to have been addressed. i do have a lot of addons which probably aren't helping.

the on/off switch for the PSU being in an awkward & hard to reach place behind my rig.

about the USB upside down issue: a bit of masking tape stuck on the topside is a boon to being able to plug it in the right way

Soldato
Yeah, that M.2 drive screw is just retarded.

Ridiculous amount of RGB stuffed into everything, while missing basic features.

All black excrement PSU cabling.
Making jump starting PSU and checking voltages using multimeter pain the arse and flat cables bend well only in one plane.

Recent new hate, sata power cables.... I've added 3 SSD's vertically behind the pc side panel and the way sata power cables link through the connectors just sucks!
All black excrement ribbon cabling actually makes densely packed drives more problematic by making cable stiffer in most directions.

Associate
My biggest pet peeve at the moment is some of the stupid numeric naming schemes companies use. Intel and their newest laptops "intel core i7 1165g7" as an example. AMD naming their APUs 2000 and 3000 series when they are just 1000 and 2000 series with graphics bolted on. And Nvidia constantly changing things seemingly at random to mess with people. The last few generations of X60 cards are ridiculous.

960 and 960 ti, perfectly fine, makes sense. Then it changes to 1060 3gb and 1060 6gb, with different GPUs in them because why not!? After that we get the 2060, 2060 super, 1660, 1660 ti 1660 super and then another 2060 with a different GPU in it. And now we have a 3060 ti, which is a cut down 3070 GA104 GPU. Great, thanks NVidia, so easy to keep track of.

Permabanned
Hi All,

Just a bit of fun thread, what are you PC pets hates, I think my top 2 are

1. The tiny jewellery screw used to retain m.2 drives on motherboards, honestly whoever came up with this deserves a punch in the face.

2. I never ever seem to get USB the right way up first time, it seems to be like buttered toast falling butter side down!

what are yours?

HEADRAT

Bahahaha! Couldn't have said it better myself.

3. Amazingly rock solid heat-shrink that's always right where you need to bend a PSU cable.

Back
Top Bottom