Your Teams Player of the season and unsung hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well for UTD i guess its easy and everyone would say Rooney, but for me the unsung or in Rooney's lime light shadow has to be Evra, his energy has been amazing, yeah i can think of a few mistakes but has been ever present and never has a bad game. What a bargain for 3.5 mil

Caporegime
Song for unsung hero.
Definitely. It proves that when Wenger puts faith into youngsters it does sometimes pay off. A year or so ago I would have never have wanted Song to be a starting 11 player but now he's won me over with a fair few great performances. Nowhere near a finished article yet but he's slowly getting there. Fabregas is an obvious choice for Arsenal's player of the year but I wouldn't disregard Nasri who's been quite good and Bendtner who's come on strong in the last 12 or 13 games.

Soldato
Southampton

Ricky Lambert is easily the player of the season. As for unsung hero, I'd perhaps go for Morgan Schneiderlin. He makes us play much better football, keeping the ball on the ground and looking for incisive passes. Without him we're much more of a ... well.. League One team :p

Associate
Nott county

Player: Hughes
Unsung hero: Would be Westcarr, started poor fans all on his back has turned it around with determination and not giving up to become a key figure in the last 15 games but Bishop in the center of the park, an old school ball winning midfielder which every team needs, does the box to box ball winning stuff game in game out.

Soldato
At Fulham as unsung i'll say Aaron Hughes, absolutely brilliant defender, and the centre of our recent success. Bargain for what we paid.

Caporegime
Everton

Has to be Heitinga for both, maybe Cahill for Player. But Heitinga has been a beast both at the back and when Moyes has used him in midfield.

Heitinga.jpg

Man of Honour
Unsung hero: Mikael Silvestre. Has looked very comfortable in the cup competitions and has put in a shift at fullback on occasion too.

Was tempted to go for Nasri as he typically lives in the shadow of Fabregas, Arshavin, heck even Walcott when it comes to hype yet has delivered some good performances this season. Can't really justify him as being 'unsung' though.

Soldato
Not sure how Evra is an unsung hero as he's pretty much everyone's player of the season along with Rooney (for United followers anyway)

For me unsung player of the season for us has to be either Valencia or Fletcher, neither seem to get the credit they deserve; Fletch is still seen by many as the same player that Roy Keane gave that interview about 4 years ago despite the quite obvious facts that A- him not being in the team for last seasons Champions League final was a major factor behind our poor performance & B- that in almost EVERY SINGLE big game that we play and win he picks up the man of the match award at the end of the game, someone tell me the last time Gerrard picked up the MOTM award in a game against United, Chelsea or Arsenal? Or Fabregas against United, Chelsea or Liverpool? Or Lampard against United, Liverpool or Arsenal?

As for Valencia albeit Lennon who himself was having a great season until his injury IMO has been the best winger in the league this season, ok Malouda has come into form at the end of this season but Valencia has been doing it all season long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom