Your views on Raheem Sterling's gun tattoo?

Soldato
If we are to believe his reasoning, if his dad had died of a heart attack for instance, he'd have a huge fry up tattooed on his calf. I'm sure lots of people remember their loved ones in this way.:p

Caporegime
It's just false outrage to push a particular political agenda, people have all kinds of distasteful tattoos and nobody bats an eyelid. If the media were as outraged about London knife crime then maybe they could actually investigate it and stop real murder.

Soldato
If we are to believe his reasoning, if his dad had died of a heart attack for instance, he'd have a huge fry up tattooed on his calf. I'm sure lots of people remember their loved ones in this way.:p

No that's not what he said.. he said his dad died from a gunshot wound so he's not glorifying gun per se he's got a different meaning to it which is personal to him.. presumably the whole shooting with his right foot thing.. It's not a direct reference to his dad..

By your analogy it's like him having a tattoo of a fry up and then people saying "that's awful, people die of heart attacks" (which the sun no doubt would) and him saying "yes my dad did, I swore never to touch a fry up.. this is about my school nickname" or something ridiculous like that.

Such a total non story.. Manufactured offence is a modern day scourge.

Soldato
I think stories like this show how desperate some papers are. They know that things about the England squad will sell papers, so they're trying to dredge up any old rubbish. They do it before every single international tournament, it's sad and pathetic really.

Soldato
No that's not what he said.. he said his dad died from a gunshot wound so he's not glorifying gun per se he's got a different meaning to it which is personal to him.. presumably the whole shooting with his right foot thing.. It's not a direct reference to his dad..

By your analogy it's like him having a tattoo of a fry up and then people saying "that's awful, people die of heart attacks" (which the sun no doubt would) and him saying "yes my dad did, I swore never to touch a fry up.. this is about my school nickname" or something ridiculous like that.

Such a total non story.. Manufactured offence is a modern day scourge.

His little coffee table legs are a blur when he's running so the tattoo will unrecognisable anyway. :D

Soldato
It's a **** tattoo - There must be some other way for him to remember his father. But the media have blown it all out of proportion as per usual. And after seeing that Twitter thread the other day, it's pretty clear the UK media have it in for him in particular...

Soldato
It's a **** tattoo - There must be some other way for him to remember his father. But the media have blown it all out of proportion as per usual. And after seeing that Twitter thread the other day, it's pretty clear the UK media have it in for him in particular...

Again.. he's never said to my knowledge that he got it FOR his dad.. his point was it would be mad for him to mean it as literally "guns are great" BECAUSE his did was killed with a gun.

It's not a tribute to his dad... at all.

Soldato
Again.. he's never said to my knowledge that he got it FOR his dad.. his point was it would be mad for him to mean it as literally "guns are great" BECAUSE his did was killed with a gun.

It's not a tribute to his dad... at all.

So it really is just a **** tattoo :p

Caporegime
OP
Whatever the reason for the tattoo, it's irresponsible for someone in his position.

And to the 'it's none of our business' posters, we all form opinions on things that are none of our business every single day. Nothing wrong with voicing opinions on things that are nothing to do with us, even though I maintain it is public business.

Caporegime
I think he missed a trick here. He could have had instructions on how to play football tattooed on his legs; then every time he's about to run mindlessly in the opposition to give the ball away, could look at them for a quick refresher.

Caporegime
This 100%

When will these idiots learn that because of the amount of money they earn and publicity they get they don't get to live a 'normal' life and just do whatever they want.

This is so embarrassingly ironic I can barely even.....

When will people like you learn that just because they make money and just because some people choose to look up to them... means nothing. They are people, they will act like people and it doesn't actually matter what they do, a large group of people like you believe that because he's famous and gets paid more than you or plays for your team or against your team makes you think you have a say in how he has to be.

What you'll find is, he'll ignore it, you'll get riled up about it, the sun will get riled up about it and Sterling won't give it any thought, he'll live his life and you'll think this has some effect on him while in reality it didn't.

Soldato
Whatever the reason for the tattoo, it's irresponsible for someone in his position.

And to the 'it's none of our business' posters, we all form opinions on things that are none of our business every single day. Nothing wrong with voicing opinions on things that are nothing to do with us, even though I maintain it is public business.

His tattoo is not public business just because he is in the public eye. You are free to comment - as we all have, but the fact that you will pass comment shouldn't alter whether he gets said tattoo in the first place.

If the comments are "what a terrible tattoo" then that's fine because its something people with tattoos put up with every day. I have tattoos on my hand, Im not famous but I know and I knew when I got them on that part of my body that people will form opinions and comment because they can see them. I have no issue with that at all. If people start telling me what they mean based on no information whatsoever then that's a bit different.

Back
Top Bottom