Youtube adverts

Soldato
get yourself on this thread, its a non issue after that for a couple of quid a month

This is what I ended up doing. Google seem to be more at war with adblockers than usual so what ever you use its only going to be a matter of time before you'll need to switch again. Plus the extra bitrate is a nice bonus on certain videos.

Soldato
£12.99 a month! No wonder people are still using add-blockers.

Id have expected it to be around a fiver a month but nearly 13 quid omg.

You just know also like everything else they'll creep the price up every 6 months lol.

Soldato
£12.99 a month! No wonder people are still using add-blockers.

Id have expected it to be around a fiver a month but nearly 13 quid omg.

You just know also like everything else they'll creep the price up every 6 months lol.

Why would you pay full wack for it though? While not as easy as it used to be you can get it much cheaper using a VPN.

Soldato
I kept getting issues with Chrome and Ublock, but I've been using Brave for months now and had 0 issues with YouTube Ads.

Also, in-case you haven't see, there is currently a 3 month free trial for YouTube Premium if you have Gamepass.

Associate
Same.iasue with phone now revanced no longer works bahhh
Installed a new version just yesterday which seemed to be working as expected. Also found an ad free Reddit app which is nice after enduring them for such a long time.
I'll do everything I can to avoid adverts in my life. The idea that the internet as a whole is becoming a pay to avoid ads model is despicable imo.
Give me some extra value, not just make my life less bearable if I decide I don't care for your subscription model.

Last edited:
Associate
Can't say i've noticed any issues on various browsers on desktop recently. One or two did try an pop up several months back but guess that was fixed. On mobile FF with Origin still plays fine in the background for when i rarely use it.

Back
Top Bottom