Caporegime
I care about history. It’s only through learning lessons from history that we can avoid making the same mistakes in future.

What happened in those camps is the biggest stain on human history ever. It should never be forgotten. Pure and utter barbarity and inhumanity. I still struggle to comprehend how humans can inflict this level of suffering on other humans, guilty of nothing more than being Jewish, which there is nothing to be guilty of.

Soldato
History is important to learn from our mistakes.

We couldn't do something so stupid as a divided Europe again for history tells us that's always bad.....it's not like the UK would leave a union of Europe being one of its founders....oh wait :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Man of Honour
I care about history. I find studying high and late medieval English history and ancient Roman history particularly interesting. I watch half a dozen historical channels on Youtube and they've led me to branch out some more into other times and places I knew next to nothing about.

I don't care about watching a collection of videos slapped up without any comment from a poster I don't know, so I'm just answering the question they asked.

Soldato
What happened in those camps is the biggest stain on human history ever.

Is it really? Not at all wanting to diminish what happened, history is being written every day. The means for other nations to do something about what happened back then was limited. Today, it could be argued, the capability is vastly improved. Yet nations and governments stand aside, with a lack of direction action or prevention, while untold human suffering is inflicted in countless conflicts and areas across the globe today.

The scale, concentration and the speed of the actions of Nazi Germany was extraordinary. But I'd argue that the greater stain is our subsequent inability to learn from it and take action when it risks repeating again. 1 million people in Rwanda in just 3 months. Tens of thousands of Bosnians killed under the eyes of NATO troops in a place 3 hours and £60 away on a budget airline. One hundred thousand Somalis killed in three years. Or, for a different flavour, the 500,000 people estimated to die every year from a lack of access to clean drinking water. We didn't have the means to immediately prevent what happened during WW2. We do have the means to prevent what's happening today, but we consciously choose not to. That may be viewed as a greater stain on our history once we're judged on our actions (or lack of) in the future.

Caporegime
Is it really? Not at all wanting to diminish what happened, history is being written every day. The means for other nations to do something about what happened back then was limited. Today, it could be argued, the capability is vastly improved. Yet nations and governments stand aside, with a lack of direction action or prevention, while untold human suffering is inflicted in countless conflicts and areas across the globe today.

The scale, concentration and the speed of the actions of Nazi Germany was extraordinary. But I'd argue that the greater stain is our subsequent inability to learn from it and take action when it risks repeating again. 1 million people in Rwanda in just 3 months. Tens of thousands of Bosnians killed under the eyes of NATO troops in a place 3 hours and £60 away on a budget airline. One hundred thousand Somalis killed in three years. Or, for a different flavour, the 500,000 people estimated to die every year from a lack of access to clean drinking water. We didn't have the means to immediately prevent what happened during WW2. We do have the means to prevent what's happening today, but we consciously choose not to. That may be viewed as a greater stain on our history once we're judged on our actions (or lack of) in the future.

Great post, and one I cannot argue with tbh. Thank you for enlightening me. Rwanda was indeed utterly horrific. Killing newborn babies with machetes ffs, can’t get any more inhuman than that.

Permabanned
as a new forum user I did't have a clue about rules. 1st and 2nd Video are continuation to my question.
3rd is about fake news and the final one Combined them into one.

English is't my native language,
I beg your indulgence in this regard

Man of Honour
as a new forum user I did't have a clue about rules. 1st and 2nd Video are continuation to my question.
3rd is about fake news and the final one Combined them into one.

English is't my native language,
I beg your indulgence in this regard

But what are they all about because I can't watch them?
You have to give a bit of context.
From the titles of the videos it looks to me like you're saying the Holocaust didn't happen.

Permabanned
Great post, and one I cannot argue with tbh. Thank you for enlightening me. Rwanda was indeed utterly horrific. Killing newborn babies with machetes ffs, can’t get any more inhuman than that.
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum said 'he Germans and their collaborators killed as many as 1.5 million children. This number included over a million Jewish children and tens of thousands of Romani (Gypsy) children, German children with physical and mental disabilities living in institutions, Polish children, and children residing in the occupied Soviet Union. Some Jewish and some non-Jewish adolescents (13-18 years old) had a greater chance of survival, as they could be used for forced labor.'

Back
Top Bottom