Soldato
The instructor deserved a punch in the face after this one tbh... surely such a basic but critically important check to make.
Indeed. That was crazy. I say this as someone who hasn't done handgliding, but why didn't he land straight ahead at about the 54 second mark either side of the bulidings?

Caporegime
Indeed. That was crazy. I say this as someone who hasn't done handgliding, but why didn't he land straight ahead at about the 54 second mark either side of the bulidings?

Probs a bit difficult with the guy hanging off the bar, arguably the moral thing to do would have been to immediately try and crash it though despite risking injury to himself too - plenty of people wouldn't have been able to hang on that long and if it had been another random tourist they could well have died.

Soldato

"Gas Station Encounters"

The video is an example from the many posted from a gas station somewhere in Ohio (?). They often feature people shoplifting or trying to short change the staff, sometimes shown being caught and made to pay 3x the price of what they are trying to steal.
Several of the videos are set to music and the words are written and sung by the same guy who uploads the videos from the station.

Soldato
The instructor deserved a punch in the face after this one tbh... surely such a basic but critically important check to make.

You would think, he would check it yourself, it's so obvious that it's stupidity. Especially when your life is in danger.

Also the pilot decided to fly, further further away and away. lol

Man of Honour
Skallagrim makes videos about various historical things, mainly weapons. This is an entertaining one about combination weapons in the real world. A person in the mid 19th century wants a knife that's also a pistol and a corkscrew? No problem, they were available to buy. Who wouldn't want the trigger of their knife-gun to be a corkscrew? Did you think that gunswords were a silly fantasy game thing? Nope. They were a silly real world thing too. Also gunswordaxes and gunswordhammers because reasons.

Caporegime
You would think, he would check it yourself, it's so obvious that it's stupidity. Especially when your life is in danger.

Also the pilot decided to fly, further further away and away. lol

Except it's not really though, is it? He admits it was his first time, he probably got caught up in the excitement and was most likely nervous. The peace of mind from a trainer is expensive and he was rightfully expecting to be able to rely on it and just enjoy the experience he probably paid a fair amount for. Could he have checked it? Absolutely, but let's not go blaming him for it.

The instructor failed big time and is very lucky he's not facing manslaughter charges.

Soldato
Except it's not really though, is it? He admits it was his first time, he probably got caught up in the excitement and was most likely nervous. The peace of mind from a trainer is expensive and he was rightfully expecting to be able to rely on it and just enjoy the experience he probably paid a fair amount for. Could he have checked it? Absolutely, but let's not go blaming him for it.

The instructor failed big time and is very lucky he's not facing manslaughter charges.

Ah you trying to say, you ain't one tiny bit curious on how you stay attached to the flying machine? Eh Eh? Especially when your life is on the line, let's be honest here, It's just a rope keeping me staying alive and I be damn sure that I would WANT TO KNOW, that rope is attached to me and that machine before taking off.

People should take self responsibility for themselves.

Yes, the instructor failed and is responsible for this, but in my view, you are just as responsible for your life as he is.

Last edited:

VoG

VoG

Soldato
I'm not sure ide be brave enough to eat a 19 year old 24hr MRE, can't blame him for wimping out at the cheese spread given the state of it. :p

Soldato
Ah old army food, it's the best.

I still got some of that floating around, the chocolate and oak biscuits was the best, the ready made meals was damn good. You can can get good old ration boxes for a tenner.

Back
Top Bottom