hux

hux

Soldato
Ah old army food, it's the best.

I still got some of that floating around, the chocolate and oak biscuits was the best, the ready made meals was damn good. You can can get good old ration boxes for a tenner.

Had to be arctic for me, couldn't get enough of the freeze dried beef curry and muligatawny soup.

Caporegime
I'm not sure ide be brave enough to eat a 19 year old 24hr MRE, can't blame him for wimping out at the cheese spread given the state of it. :p

Ah that brings back memories, that isn't an MRE btw... an MRE is the US army equivalent and comes with a built in heating mechanism (which can also be used by bored soldiers to blow up water bottles)

Best breakfast is sausages and beans, best mains are steak and veg or lamb and best pudding is chocolate pudding... unfortunately no menu has that format so you need to either trade or swap them around if you want one day with all the best items. Menus F and C are the closest to ideal (IMHO) :)

Caporegime
I had LOADS of those. Not that one exactly, mine were from a Dutch army surplus shop so probsbly Dutch / Belgian / Luxembourg. There was something truly magical and surreal about opening a cardboard box packed so well for the survival of those out on the field. Some of the food wasn't even that bad, most notably the crackers and pate.

Caporegime
I had LOADS of those. Not that one exactly, mine were from a Dutch army surplus shop so probsbly Dutch / Belgian / Luxembourg. There was something truly magical and surreal about opening a cardboard box packed so well for the survival of those out on the field. Some of the food wasn't even that bad, most notably the crackers and pate.

Thing is you generally unpack them, bin the box and dispose of a few items before packing them into your kit. The biscuits in the British one are not so great IMO, especially the plain biscuits brown but they do prevent you from needing to take a dump for a couple of days or so!

Soldato

This American couple moved to Kenya from the US to open a Gym. They reversed to roll up the windows, moments later the Police who was behind them started to shoot at the bandits.

Back
Top Bottom