*** Youtube/Video thread ***

YouTube in their infante wisdom are serving up empty home pages now if you don't have watch history turned on.

Makes discovering different content rather problematic and probably makes it even more likely for people to fall down a rabbit hole and/or live in an echo-chamber where they only get served up videos that are similar to what they've already watched.

YouTube in their infante wisdom are serving up empty home pages now if you don't have watch history turned on.

Makes discovering different content rather problematic and probably makes it even more likely for people to fall down a rabbit hole and/or live in an echo-chamber where they only get served up videos that are similar to what they've already watched.
Assume it's a mistake? I only get that on the phone app but not TV app.

Assume it's a mistake? I only get that on the phone app but not TV app.
I wish it was, unfortunately it's not. If you turn off watch history and clear it you'll end up with a blank home page. There's been multiple threads on Reddit about it.
Along with multiple articles about it..

Last edited:
I wish it was, unfortunately it's not. If you turn off watch history and clear it you'll end up with a blank home page. There's been multiple threads on Reddit about it.
Along with multiple articles about it..
I wonder if that's related to the issue I posted about at the end of July? I've restored a backup of my cookies.sqlite a couple of times now, usually once a week, and things seem to be working again without having to sign into YouTube.

Last edited:
I wonder if that's related to the issue I posted about at the end of July? I've restored a backup of my cookies.sqlite a couple of times now, usually once a week, and things seem to be working again without having to sign into YouTube.
I'm assuming you've changed your number of post per page, because your link doesn't work for me. It takes me to a random page/post in that thread.

Back
Top Bottom