YouTube

taB

taB

Associate
I find youtube painful and use it as little as possible. Mainly just for DIY stuff I need some help with, etc. It feels a lot like I feel about soap operas: even if the content is interesting to me it's "other peoples' lives" and I'm just not that interested in them. Quite happy getting on (or not) with mine :).

Soldato
I watch all sorts, mainly:

Blender tutorials for when I'm modding ETS2/ATS, the "Spooky stories" type channels, Les Stroud, Jim Browning/Trilogy Media and the Reddit stories. Even though the robotic voice gets a bit annoying there's some human spoken channels as well.

Associate
Anyone know much about MistaBeast?

I came across him after a parody video about him, certainly peaked my interest. Not someone i will subscribe to, but the videos are alright, i'd describe it as good general TV style stuff, i guess that's why it's popular.

Caporegime
To be honest, I don't watch YouTube much because of my busy job. I work as a moderator of live streams on youtube. That is moderating the chat and make sure that no one would not violate the rules, ie do not swear, do not spam anything and advertise and other rules streaming on YouTube. But in my free time I like to watch scientific lectures, mainly about our nature, its laws and origin history, I find it very interesting and informative for me.

I thought those people do it for free!

Soldato
After counting 172 channels I sub to and seeing that since I have had premium I have clocks just under 3000 hours watch time, I should probably get out more.

If you want something truly inspiring and gratifying to watch then have a look at - Beau Miles. You won’t be disappointed no matter what you usually sit and watch.

Man of Honour
Loads as mentioned before in another thread but recently found a channel called The Why Files. Really well produced and goes into history and various events/things of interest without making it an opinion piece but instead showcases the facts/research done etc and presents it in a meaningful way.

Also gotta love Hecklefish in every video, especially when the topic is about governments etc and he has a tin foil hat on :D

Soldato
Preston Plays
Jelly
SSundee

Love these channels and have them streaming in the background all day. They are not annoying in the slightest. The fact they earn tens of millions each year, playing kids games, to an audience of 8 year olds, makes them even less annoying.

:p

Man of Honour
They don't care about their viewer base as long as they keep on watching those ads.

Allowing the thumbs down to be viewed would help users combat the bots.
They removed the thumbs down visibility because people were ratioing them heavily when something unpopular happened (such as the Gillette ads).

Associate
They removed the thumbs down visibility because people were ratioing them heavily when something unpopular happened (such as the Gillette ads).

Not familiar with Gillette, but know about Call of Duty getting obliterated. I don't see the issue here vs bots, as bots have a distinct potential negative outcome, but the corporations only potentially lose some buyers for their products. There might be some imo genuine casualties from thumbs down, but corporations i don't think need any sympathy (not implying you are, just putting my opinion forward)

Back
Top Bottom