You've probably already read this but...

Soldato
The story: not funny.

The headline: funny.

Especially when you see it in all it's glory on the BBC News website. Kind of a modern-day 'Freddie Starr ate my hamster' thing.

Permabanned
As an aside to the funniness, I think all those lamenting the bloke for degrading a 'dying person' ought to think about the fact the bloke would have probably had no idea she was on death's door. Just that she was ill.

Still despicable but not quite on the same level as knowing someone is dying and still doing it.

Man of Honour
As an aside to the funniness, I think all those lamenting the bloke for degrading a 'dying person' ought to think about the fact the bloke would have probably had no idea she was on death's door. Just that she was ill.

Still despicable but not quite on the same level as knowing someone is dying and still doing it.
yes it is. it should never be done.

Man of Honour
Different humours then, not everyone would find that funny. I think that if you personalise a situation then you see the real impact it could have and that it isn't nice at all.
Well, quite. But from an impersonal view its almost the oposite, becoming an almost 'cartoon' scenario.

The trick is knowing when you should view such an event from either viewpoint. Or perhaps not enlightening others of your sadistic humour ;)

Soldato
Well, quite. But from an impersonal view its almost the oposite, becoming an almost 'cartoon' scenario.

The trick is knowing when you should view such an event from either viewpoint. Or perhaps not enlightening others of your sadistic humour ;)

Not imho. I find it hard to believe that a human being would do that to another human and laugh whilst doing it never mind laughing about hearing about it :(

Soldato
laughing at this does not mean your a bad person , it does not mean you are capable of doing this yourself, all it means is that you can see the funny side of stuff which are as bad as whats happened here.

its nothing different that laughing at something which is horrific on television. lets face it its all in the same ball park isnt it? t.v and newspapers its all media, and like it or not at the end of the day no matter what story is headline, iraq , 911, Pavarotti , Michael owen, death of Diana. its still all under the umbrella of entertainment. thats the way its designed. the media in general is a distraction from our own lives, its there to entertain.

just as long as we are entertained, we are not asking the proper questions, like were are all our taxes going etc. thats another story though.

Soldato
firstly i want to state that personally, i didnt find this funny at all and think it is sick,but there is somthing that i find annoying about this thread. All of the PC people who are saying to Sic etc about 'you shouldnt laugh at this and you need help/sick in the head' or whatever are deluded. Everybody has listened to, tells or laughs at jokes about some1 elses misfortune (i.e diana jokes) or has done it thier past, what is the difference???

Soldato
All of the PC people who are saying to Sic etc about 'you shouldnt laugh at this and you need help/sick in the head' or whatever are deluded. Everybody has listened to, tells or laughs at jokes about some1 elses misfortune (i.e diana jokes) or has done it thier past, what is the difference???
Firstly, I'm one of the most non-PC people you'll ever talk to. Thanks.

Secondly, the difference between those sorts of jokes and this thread is that some of those jokes (the few that are actually funny) are actually worded in a clever way and have a clever punchline. This is simply about finding a news article funny, I don't think anyone laughed at the actual news articles about Diana or Pavarotti etc.

At least I hope they didn't.

Last edited:
Associate
Sick, the view point you should look at it is "your mum" Would it be funny then? No I don't think so, get a grip a stop being a bunch of *********! I can't believe that some of you are trying to make it funny tbh. Or trying to make him to be some sort of scapegoat of our degenerate society. Is it OK to **** on people? Ill or not? " uuuuRRGGHHH i thouht he was iLL, SO i WEE'DoN im!!"

Please:(

Sic

Sic

Soldato
OP
Sick, the view point you should look at it is "your mum" Would it be funny then? No I don't think so, get a grip a stop being a bunch of *********! I can't believe that some of you are trying to make it funny tbh. Or trying to make him to be some sort of scapegoat of our degenerate society. Is it OK to **** on people? Ill or not? " uuuuRRGGHHH i thouht he was iLL, SO i WEE'DoN im!!"

Please:(

missed the point, totally. when you personify the woman, it removes everything from it, and makes it serious. I wasn't laughing at the woman's expense, or because I thought the consequences of what the bloke did were funny. you don't get it now, and you never will. you're not saying anything that hasn't already been said in this thread, but I'm guessing from the content of your post, you only read the first post anyway.

no one's ever said what he did was ok, so don't pretend like they did. kthx

edit: also, don't you dare tell me how I should look at this whole thing - who the hell do you think you are?

Soldato
Firstly, I'm one of the most non-PC people you'll ever talk to. Thanks.

Secondly, the difference between those sorts of jokes and this thread is that some of those jokes (the few that are actually funny) are actually worded in a clever way and have a clever punchline. This is simply about finding a news article funny, I don't think anyone laughed at the actual news articles about Diana or Pavarotti etc.

At least I hope they didn't.

that contradicts itself no?? maybe im reading it wrong :p

heh my post wasnt actually aimed at you mate, you at least (eventually) came across with your views rather than 'omg your sick for thinking that, or 'you need to grow up'.
Some people read it different to others, everyone is different. The people who laughed at it initially, have all admitted that reading it for what it actually is, that they think its wrong/sick etc. All im trying to say is, what annoyed me is people telling Sic/whoever that they need help or need to grow up. They are hypocrites. Imo, everyone knew that some found it funny because of the way it was read and not for what actually happened, but still needed to say how wrong it was to say so. they need to grow up if they believe that everyone's perception of things are the same and that anyone who thinks differently to them 'needs help' and still felt the need to get a 'dig' on a internet forum. Now who needs to grow up??
Simply put there was no need for personal attacks on someone, especially when they have stated umpteen times that they found it funny because of the way they initally read it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom