zalman 9500 temps

Soldato
OP
ok just put the vantec tornado on the side and temps are the same 34 idle, load 46. argh i really want to know what is wrong. and why won't my bloody thermometer arrive!!! i hope it is adding 7 degrees or so to the actual temp.

help please :(

thanks

daven

Associate
well, try reseating the zalman a couple of times... you might strike lucky. Alternatively try apply more down pressure when fitting it. But be carefull....

Mul

Mul

Associate
My Opty temps were ~40 idle and ~48 idle with the vapochill micro. Installed an Akasa Evo 120 on it this morning and although a much quieter system, the temps are the same. For me it seems as though my Opty has poor IHS, maybe it is with you?

Mul

Soldato
OP
yeah it could be, which is a shame. however speedfan says 32 idle atm, however it is a cold boot so i dunno. i really hope it is an error in the readings as i want to push mine further.

daven

Soldato
OP
well mine is only at 2.5, im just hoping that when i push it up a bit temps don't move much!

p.s if you ever have a go with removing the ihs make sure to let me know how it went!!

Mul

Mul

Associate
believe me i won't. time after time of being plagued with a poor clocker I now have a good clocker and don't plan on losing £140 worth of CPU over removing an IHS :o

Mul

Soldato
OP
those are my thoughts exactly!! not risking £150 no way!! temps aren't too bad i suppose, i'll reseat my HSF one day and actually get my damned thermometer so i can see what is going on. i'll report back with real temps one day!!

daven

JDL

JDL

Associate
have you considered how hot the room you in is. i ahve a 9500 too and i get max of 44c with the zalamn on the lowest setting in a room where the 2m long radiator has been on all day - gfx gets up to 70 playing BF" for an hour or so.

i'm softcore but one solution is to open the window it si fricking freezing out that should soon get those temps down :p

3500+ : [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom