Zen Internet (Price for Life)

Permabanned
I have just received an email to say that any new customers going with Zen won't get a 'lock in' 'price for life'. It says it will be now be covered by a new Zen Contract Price Promise, which means there will be no price increases for the duration of the contract...

I miss read it at first... I thought they were taking away the price lock in but reading it fully means they just changing the naming of the lock in.

Has anyone else got this email? I assume it was to ALL customers.

Caporegime
It's covered here:

I can't see how any provider can hold their prices and lose margin while inflation is running at current levels while access speeds keep getting higher. I have no problem with price rises, Zen are at least committing to not increasing prices while you're in contract, and they don't have any stupid gimmicks like new customer pricing that goes up by £25 as soon as the initial contract period ends.

It's better than something like this from Gigaclear:
paXg0jn.png

Soldato
I'm looking to cancel my landline but keep the broadband this week. I'll have to ask them if cancelling the landline will affect the broadband side, I suspect not, but I'll try and remember to update this thread with the outcome.

Associate
I also got the email yesterday, copied it below.

I am locked in on my contract until the start of July, but then I will likely be moving to Zzoomm or Trooli (two alt-net FTTPs available where I live). No sign of Openreach getting things sorted anytime soon, so as much as I have been happy with the Zen service, I want FTTP more ;)

Screenshot-20220505-120055.png

Soldato
This has given me a dilemma! I am currently on a Zen package with a Price For Life but now have only to June to change it or suffer the consequences of not having Price For Life should I want to change it in future.

Have they dropped their prices recently too? 900 is £59.99?

I don't think so and my guess is that they are considering increasing them within the next three years, or they wouldn't talk about dropping the Price For Life.

Soldato
Might have to switch soon then.

Got Zen FTTC 80gbit, on an absolute cracking deal £18 a month unlimited data.

FTTP is quite a bit more money, but I'm limited on FTTC, gonna have to move at some point and with a family of 4 we are pretty much needing more anyway.

Soldato
Got Zen FTTC 80gbit, on an absolute cracking deal £18 a month unlimited data.

FTTP is quite a bit more money, but I'm limited on FTTC, gonna have to move at some point and with a family of 4 we are pretty much needing more anyway.
I wouldn't say you was limited on a 80Gbit line! For only £18pm too? Stonking deal. You must be major pirates if 4 of you are saturating 80Gb :D

Soldato
I decided to upgrade while I still had the "price for life".

Be warned though that there is a fault on the Zen telephone line at the moment so what I had to do was phone new customers, that's options 1 - 1 - 1 and asked them to direct dial to the existing customer sales. Only way I could get through to them.

Caporegime
I decided to upgrade while I still had the "price for life".

Be warned though that there is a fault on the Zen telephone line at the moment so what I had to do was phone new customers, that's options 1 - 1 - 1 and asked them to direct dial to the existing customer sales. Only way I could get through to them.

What did you upgrade to? Were you mid-contract?

Soldato
Can't upgrade mine at the moment as they've only just started rolling out FTTP where I live, so no realistic timeframe for availability here yet. Add to that, when I had a quick search on t'internet, even low speed FTTP prices (not just with Zen) seem to start on more than my current bill and I'm not prepared to pay more than my current monthly fee as that's pretty expensive as it is. Guess I'll be sitting on FTTC until the prices drop (if they ever do), or I'll end up moving back to VM eventually.

Soldato
Not complaining about my speeds, and I do like the FRITZ!Box. I did have my first fault in about 7 years the other week which took Openreach about 2 weeks to fix. My connection kept intermittently dropping. Had three engineer visits (two by the same person). After the first visit, my line was stable but I'd lost 25% of my speed (usually average around 60/18) and went down to (45/17). They confirmed the fault wasn't on my property and was somewhere between the house and the cabinet, but after the third visit my speed had only gone up about 5Mb and the engineer said there wasn't anything else he could do, though I did notice last Sunday that my speed has now returned to normal (actually I've gained 1Mb :)), so whatever the last engineer did obviously did correct the fault and it just took a while for the line to resync.

Back
Top Bottom