Zen ISP Default Gateway?

Associate
OP
Chances are Zen is doing some sort of tunnelling/translation so even if you force IPv6 off, it still allows you to receive IPv6 traffic. I suggest turning it back on and making sure Quad9's IPv6 DNS servers is entered here, circled green (image grabbed from Asus's support site):
Okay so it seems you may be right, whatever Zen are doing in the background is forcing their DNS servers via IPv6 even if you dont use it. I've now got IPv6 working and my custom DNS servers are now showing up however depending on which site I use to test some say I am exclusively using Google (Note i just changed it to 8.8.8.8 right now for testing) and some still have a mix of Google/Zen. I've attached some screenshots

Soldato
Hmm I've tried the expanded version and that hasn't worked. In the router's log area it shows the IPv6 status and there is no WAN IPv6 address

Just checked, it's blank for me too, but I do pass IPv6 tests so maybe it's just the Asus not picking it up.

On the other hand, both sites you linked are only showing Cloudflare DNS servers, no BT ones so mine seems to pass, at least. I'm honestly not sure why Zen is still popping up in your list.

Associate
OP
Just checked, it's blank for me too, but I do pass IPv6 tests so maybe it's just the Asus not picking it up.

On the other hand, both sites you linked are only showing Cloudflare DNS servers, no BT ones so mine seems to pass, at least. I'm honestly not sure why Zen is still popping up in your list.
IPv6 populates now when I enable it, I had to ask Zen to enable IPv6 for my account. However I am still getting Zen IPs in my DNS checker and my router still shows as using Zen's DNS servers its really a head scratcher I can't figure out why its happening.

Back
Top Bottom