• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zotac 3090 seems slow

Associate
2666MHz RAM is a massive bottleneck for 3900x.

I'm using 3900x in my editing/gaming PC with 4 sticks of 8GB gskill trident z rgb 3466MHz CL16 overcloked to 3766MHZ CL16 without any issues.

To get more FPS you need faster RAM, especially if you are playing at 1080p and 1440p.

Associate
I was getting poor scores with my 3090. I had recently updated mobo bios and forgot to save my settings. Games run fine but Port Royal scores were terrible in the 12,000's. No matter what I did scores were not good. Then one night i noticed in GPU-Z my gpu was running in x4 mode instead of x16! Made a noobish mistake with my M.2 drives with the PCI-E setting when setting up the bios. Sorted it in the bios and my scores jumped up over 1000 points in Port Royal. With some GPU overclocking i now have a score of 14,007 in Port Royal which i am very happy with. Have a look to see what your gpu is set to.

Back
Top Bottom