• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Zotac RMA - Huge Shout-out

Associate
Glad to hear this. Got my 1080 last year and registered it for the 5 years. Will be handing it down to my nephew next year so plan to keep for 4/5 overall.

Associate
Just a quick point to all buying a zotac, I bought my 1080ti amp extreme around two years ago and touch wood it is still working fine.

BUT.

If you do not register the card within 28 days they only give you the two years. I registered mine two months into owning it and got told I only had two years warranty. When I questioned it I got a response from zotac telling me that they could not make an exception as i was late registering and i only get a two year warranty.

Great card but something to watch out for for any new purchases.

Thanks.

Permabanned
Just a quick point to all buying a zotac, I bought my 1080ti amp extreme around two years ago and touch wood it is still working fine.

BUT.

If you do not register the card within 28 days they only give you the two years. I registered mine two months into owning it and got told I only had two years warranty. When I questioned it I got a response from zotac telling me that they could not make an exception as i was late registering and i only get a two year warranty.

Great card but something to watch out for for any new purchases.

Thanks.

I got mine on sale here for £599 with a game around Oct 2016 but i had no pc Zotac force you to send them pics of the reciept etc so you need to copy paste into paint?

I also looked at the ocuk site it says 5yrs no mention of having only 28days but here is the issue it has had light use and a AMP 1080 fan started to click so bad its unusable its easily 70db its crazy. And the GPU sag is really bad also. So im going to have to look at how good Zotac are because i need to fix it but the warranty seems only two years not five which is very sneaky. You can see below how overclockers never told me about it but on the new 2080 listing they do tell you.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...s-graphics-card-zt-p10800c-10p-gx-101-zt.html

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
It normally says quite clearly on the paper work in the box (warranty card ect) that you need to register for the extended warranty, but of course how many of us actually look at let alone read the blurb in the box. fairly standard stuff.

Associate
It was very clear with my 1080 that warranty was only 2 years unless I registered it with 28 days. Hope I don’t have to use it but plan to have the card for the full 5 years so you never know.

Permabanned
It normally says quite clearly on the paper work in the box (warranty card ect) that you need to register for the extended warranty, but of course how many of us actually look at let alone read the blurb in the box. fairly standard stuff.

It should say on the website too when i bought mine there was no mention of the 28 day deadline... so i went for a flash sale offer and when i opened the box about a month later i still do not remember any card. Ive been here since 2006 so i know what i am doing but at least from Overclockers i lost my 5yr warranty. They just said in the specs five year warranty thats all it says.

Back
Top Bottom