Do you tip the pizza delivery man?

Permabanned
thats what I hate about USA is that you have to tip for everything, I mean tipping a barman for getting a bottle out a fridge WTF

and no i dont tip pizza boys

Soldato
Virtually the only thing I ever tip for is a good haircut.

I couldn't stand going to the US and it being "custom" to tip for everything.

Soldato
I do, always have for all take away deliveries, not exactly sure why as I'm pretty sure the drivers will pocket it and it won't get back to the place anyway.

Seriously? What did you think tipping is? Giving extra money to the business?

If you want to support the place you're buying from, order more or something more expensive. They already got pretty high margins as it is and that is a good way of showing your support.

Guys in the kitchen wouldn't know where the money comes from anyway.

Associate
I don't no why but the last few times I've ordered pizza I tipped the guy a few quid. Not usually a tipper but I think I felt obliged when I see the guy with my lovely hot pizza, delivering the delicious goodness within the hour.

Soldato
Seriously? What did you think tipping is? Giving extra money to the business?

If you want to support the place you're buying from, order more or something more expensive. They already got pretty high margins as it is and that is a good way of showing your support.

Guys in the kitchen wouldn't know where the money comes from anyway.

Oh don't worry they get a fair amount of business :p

Had the owner deliver a couple of times too for whatever reason including when the snow was here and they weren't running deliveries :D

There is a load of takeaways close by so i guess they are genuinely pleased to have regular custom!

Permabanned
I never tip, I don't see the point and I find it really annoying that a lot of people actually expect a tip as well. What's the point of setting a menu price if they expect you to pay more anyway?

Caporegime
In the UK if you ask to change something on the menu (I don't personally as imo it is just being picky) they often roll their eyes at you and you know they are thinking '**** off'.

Change something on the menu?
Surely lots of people ask for something slightly different to the menu as it won't cater for every one precisely.
Whenever I've asked for a variation of a dish I've never seen the waiter/ess roll their eyes.

Associate
One of them looked disgusted at his 60p "keep the change" tip leaving his hand held out for a few extra seconds to make a point before so have paid online since then...

Associate
I tip 10% in restaurants where possible. If I pay by card (most of the time) and they don't have the "Would you like to add a gratuity?", they aren't getting anything. To be honest, I mostly only tip to create a more rounded bill (I'm weird like that) and not necessarily because I've been given good service. :p

Permabanned
Change something on the menu?
Surely lots of people ask for something slightly different to the menu as it won't cater for every one precisely.
Whenever I've asked for a variation of a dish I've never seen the waiter/ess roll their eyes.

It's 'mglover070588' so I imagine he's asking for chips at a Thai restaurant or something. ;)

Back
Top Bottom