Do you tip the pizza delivery man?

Soldato
Err..no. The pizzas round here are expensive as they are. I'm sure the delivery guys make sufficient money from their margins.

You realise the "margins" you speak of go to the shop/franchise owner and not the delivery guys who get minimum wage and not enough mileage pay to cover the fuel they use?

Soldato
I do, always have for all take away deliveries, not exactly sure why as I'm pretty sure the drivers will pocket it and it won't get back to the place anyway.

It has led to very good service from the usual pizza shop though we have an excellent rapport with them now :p

Soldato
I used to deliver pizzas for a living so I know how gash the job is. If I happen to have change I'll throw in an extra 50p or so, I don't live too far from the pizza places so any more would seem silly.

Soldato
I'm already paying for delivery, so no.

The last time we ordered we tried to pay with a £20 note, the pizza man then decided he had no change and just had to go to the car. Good job we made him wait and got the exact change ready for him, pretty sure he would have nicked it

Soldato
Pay online, so nope. Minimum wage is much higher here than in America anyways, eating out I only tip if I feel they've gone above and beyond, or I've done something to be a PITA and caused them extra work. Not rich enough to tip for average service.

That said I have been a waiter in my time and getting tips is freaking awesome, it'd be nice if more people tried harder for them.

Soldato
I had a large tip from a kid at the local public school. They clearly have no concept of money as everything is paid for them, only very well off kids go there, it's like another world. Gave me £30 for a £17.99 order and just closed the door and walked off. Cracking.

Associate
Rarely order out for pizza but they all seem to drive nicely and get it delivered in good time so I might do next time :)

Soldato
With 2 medium pizza's form Pizza Hut costing £21 (even with the buy one get the other half price offer) I shall not be tipping.

Back
Top Bottom