• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Ivybridge Overclock Thread***

Associate
Just built mine today, havent had much of a play with oc'ing yet. Bar setting the xmp profile for ram. Ran a quick test with p95. Temps of 60-60-59-54. Cooling is an Alpenfohn k2 with dual fans. Need to do a bit of reading up before commencing any clocking. Spec is.

Asus p8 z77 v pro
8gb corsair vengeance lp, 9-9-9-24.

Temps seem high, I have the same cooler and idle below 30c when clocked down and around 65c underload at 4.4ghz

Caporegime
Idles are, 31-27-28-19. Last one seems way to low as my room is quite warm. Are stuck sensors an issue with theese chips? Had such a problem with an s775 q9550 a few years back. Stuck at idle, fine at load. Regarding load temps, i may try reseating the cooler.

Caporegime
Np Nexus.

Using your method of washing the boogie pad, do you scrub/wipe with anything whilst using the washing powder/liquid? If you do, do you apply much pressure to it?

I used a microfibre cloth to give it a gentle scrub.

Also what level of power do you use with the shower head?

Medium setting.

What sort of temperature do you have it set to?

My shower has a dial from 1-10, i set it at 6.5 ono, just luke warm pretty much.

For drying it out, i placed it over a radiator, gaming surface in contact with the rad.

Soldato
my first go at overclocking my new I5, always been an AMD man before so not entirely sure how im doing, runs a lot hotter than my phenom 2!

1-2.png

2-2.png

Associate
my first go at overclocking my new I5, always been an AMD man before so not entirely sure how im doing, runs a lot hotter than my phenom 2!

1-2.png

2-2.png

I've just made the same move :), i haven't started overclocking yet i'm saving up for a new cooler and gpu first, but even without overclocking i've found it runs a lot hotter and the temps rise quick as well upto 80'c during testing around 60'c in battlefield 3 multiplayer so not a major worry as still got loads of testing and benchmarking to do before i upgrade the gpu....... and now that battlefield 3 is playable online loads of that as well :p

Soldato
Well im angry.

I just put in my New Ax850 Psu into my prodigy and omg it was difficult but wow.

Guess what?

My overclock is now... Unstable I hd to defer to defaults.

Now im going to have to do the whole process again and why would it of made everything unstable for it would blue screen the moment I came into Bios untill i defered to UEFI defaults.

Associate
Hi guys!

4.5GHz 3570K 1.27V on UP4 TH
PLL 1.8
VTT 1.1
Eist etc diabled.
2000MHz 8-10-10-21 T1 1.65V

Any tips to lower temps or to push to 4.7? 1.27 is the lowest voltage i can do on load really, not stable otherwise. Temps are good bounce from 66,68-73,68,67 for the cores. The UP4 power stage loves this voltage, only 60c on Prime95 Large FFT.

Associate
Most chips need around that. The majority of low voltage posts come from people that have just bought their chip. As the days go by and their PC keeps crashing, their voltage slowly increases. They never come back to post the final stable voltage tho, which gives a wrong impression as to how many volts these chips really need.

Associate
Most chips need around that. The majority of low voltage posts come from people that have just bought their chip. As the days go by and their PC keeps crashing, their voltage slowly increases. They never come back to post the final stable voltage tho, which gives a wrong impression as to how many volts these chips really need.

very true, i dropped my OC from 4.8ghz @ 1.4v to 4.7ghz @ 1.36v been stable for months now

Associate
Sure. First thing I tried, purely put of curiosity was turning on the OC Genie setting. This overclocked it automatically, knocked up the voltages etc, did quite a good job considering :) Voltages were a bit high though so I turned it back off to do the job properly.

Raised the multiplier to about 40-42x.

Raised the CPU voltage to 1.15v or so, you need to click on these and use +/- to change, there's no dropdown like everything else in there curiously.

Turned off EIST/Turbo stuff.

If all goes well try knocking the multiplier up slowly, running Prime, repeat. I left mine on 1.2v, which lets it get 4.5ghz totally stable and never passing 70 degrees. It idles about 20-40, EIST really isn't needed.

PS Oh, I'd run the Updater software and make sure the bios is up to date. Always helps with motherboards for newish chipsets.

Grabbed ClickBios settings from my setup:

It shows as 1.2v in the bios, not sure why Click sees it as 1.19v. Oh and ideally, you'd just switch on XMP for the memory, I found it unstable though so set it custom. I'd just leave it as stock until you're sure the rest is solid.

After 10 tests in prime95 (about 7 minutes) the highest I saw the temps go at 4ghz and 1.2vcore was 83c

Im guessing I should just knock it back down and just get a better cooler if I want to do it again.

Back
Top Bottom